Major UFO experiences are specific to the observer

I came across this illusion on Facebook, and I think it's closely related to the discussion of interpreting giant triangular craft from three lights in the sky (discussed in this thread e.g. here):

I think it's more profoundly absurd and basic even than that. I think a segment of the population simply don't realise that 3 lights will produce a triangle by default. I mean, there is no other shape that 3 lights can produce ( except in the rare case of all being in a straight line ).

I think it's more profoundly absurd and basic even than that. I think a segment of the population simply don't realise that 3 lights will produce a triangle by default. I mean, there is no other shape that 3 lights can produce ( except in the rare case of all being in a straight line ).
These people remember seeing much more detail than just 3 lights. I don't think that phenomenon should be dismissed.

The thing is, if there are three lights in the sky, most people will see three lights and get on with their evening. A very few people see something in addition to three lights that changes their lives, and it seems like those folks are the most hardcore UFO believers out there ("I know what I saw!"). That experience is what's specific to the observer.

A very few people see something in addition to three lights that changes their lives, and it seems like those folks are the most hardcore UFO believers out there ("I know what I saw!"). That experience is what's specific to the observer.
Agreed, but I'm not sure about a single event that "changes their lives" thing. We have seen examples in these pages and elsewhere (sorry, don't have the references at my fingertips) of people who report the sighting of UFOs multiple times. That suggests to me that either they are already strong believers who see a "UFO" every time they spot a light in the sky or a bug on the lens, or they are simply people who like getting their names in the papers. It's hard to distinguish between the two.

Back