· Serve as a technical consultant to management on industrial hygiene evaluations of the work environment. Conduct health hazard evaluations and promote effective occupational health and safety practices throughout the wing and tenant organizations.
· Conduct surveys, evaluations and auditing to identify and evaluate potential occupational health hazards using knowledge of IH principles, concepts, and practices. Assist in the planning and conducting sampling using various instrumentation and equipment.
· Review regulatory requirements prior to conducting air sampling, and assess hazards; develops sampling strategies and applying recognized standards; helping with or performing sampling using indirect and direct reading instruments to quantify hazards.
· Advise management on industrial hygiene issues, recommending actions to prevent or minimize health hazards, providing industrial hygiene input to risk management decision processes.
· Assist with reviewing and evaluating plans for new construction, alteration of facilities or for new processes including new materials that are of a hazardous or toxic, nature.