Content from external source:
The greatest Conspiracies . . . History's greatest conspiracy theories
1) 11 September 2001 WTC Attack . . . http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Septemb...iracy_theories
2) The assassination of John F Kennedy . . .
3) A flying saucer crashed at Roswell in 1947 . . . http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roswell_UFO_Incident
4) Nasa faked the moon landings. . . http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moon_la...iracy_theories
5) The Illuminati and the New World Order . . .http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Wor...piracy_theory)
6) The Jesus conspiracy - novel (The Da Vinci Code) . . .http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Da_vinci_code
7) Diana, Princess of Wales, was murdered . . .
8) Elvis Presley faked his own death . . . http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elvis_Presley_phenomenon
9) Operation Northwoods - A genuine conspiracy involving a plan by the Joint Chiefs of Staff . . . http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Northwoods
10) MK-ULTRA - The code name for a covert mind-control and chemical interrogation research program . . . http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_MKULTRA
11) North American Union . . .http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_Union
12) Shakespeare was somebody else . . . http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shakesp...rship_question
13) The disappearance of Shergar (race horse) On February 8, 1983 . . . http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shergar
14) Paul is dead - “Paul is dead” replaced by a look-alike and sound-
alike. McCartney’s death . . . http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_is_dead
15) The July 7, 2005 Tube bombings (London) . . . http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/7_July_...ondon_bombings
16) The Moscow apartment bombings http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_apartment_bombings
17) Black or unmarked helicopters http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_helicopters
18) Harold Wilson (British Labor Party Leader)
was a Soviet agent http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harold_Wilson
19) The Protocols of the Elders of Zion http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Pro...Elders_of_Zion
20) The peak oil conspiracy http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matthew_Simmons
21) Pearl Harbor was allowed to happen
22) The Philadelphia Experiment - the US Navy destroyer Eldridge was
rendered invisible http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Phi...hia_Experiment
23) Pan Am Flight 103 - Lockerbie in southern Scotland http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pan_Am_103
24) Fluoridation - Fluoride is commonly added to drinking water http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_f...on_controversy
25) The 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami http://freeinternetpress.com/story.php?sid=2633
26) Plastic coffins and concentration camps - Federal Emergency Management Agency (Fema) http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/FEMA_concentration_camps
27) HAARP - Alaska, is the Pentagon's High-frequency Active Auroral Research Program http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Fr...search_Program
28) The Aids virus was created in a laboratory http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AIDS_or...ific_consensus
29) Global warming is a hoax http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_...spiracy_theory
30) Chemtrails. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemtra...spiracy_theory
Additional information found below. . . .
1) September 11, 2001 - Thanks to the power of the web and live broadcasts on television, the conspiracy theories surrounding the events of 9/11 - when terrorists attacked the World Trade Centre in New York and the Pentagon in Washington - have surpassed those of Roswell and JFK in traction. Despite repeated claims by al-Qaeda that it planned, organised and orchestrated the attacks, several official and unofficial investigations into the collapse of the Twin Towers which concluded that structural failure was responsible and footage of the events themselves, the conspiracy theories continue to grow in strength.
2) The assassination of John F Kennedy - The 35th President of the United States was shot on Friday, November 22, 1963, in Dallas, Texas at 12.30pm . He was fatally wounded by gunshots while riding with his wife - Jacqueline Bouvier Kennedy - in a motorcade. The ten-month investigation of the Warren Commission of 1963 to 1964, the United States House Select Committee on Assassinations (HSCA) of 1976 to 1979, and other government investigations concluded that the President had been assassinated by Lee Harvey Oswald - who was himself shot dead by Jack Ruby while in police custody.
3) A flying saucer crashed at Roswell in 1947 - The event that kick-started more than a half century of conspiracy theories surrounding unidentified flying objects (UFOs). Something did crash at Roswell, New Mexico, sometime before July 7, 1947
4) Nasa faked the moon landings - People who think that the Apollo moon landings were not all that they seemed at the time believe that Nasa faked some or all of the landings.
5) The Illuminati and the New World Order - A conspiracy in which powerful and secretive groups (the Illuminati, the Bilderberg Group and other shadowy cabals) are plotting to rule mankind with a single world government.
6) The Jesus conspiracy - The theory that launched a blockbusting novel (The Da Vinci Code), a film of the same name and a plagiarism battle in the courts (with the authors of the Holy Blood and holy grail).
7) Diana, Princess of Wales, was murdered - Why won't this one go away? Despite an official inquiry that found no evidence of a plot by MI6 or any other entity to murder the princess and Dodi Fayed in 1997, fevered speculation continues.
8) Elvis Presley faked his own death - What can we say? A persistent belief is that "the King" did not die in 1977. Many fans persist in claiming he is still alive, that he went into hiding for various reasons. This claim is allegedly backed up by thousands of so-called sightings.
9) Operation Northwoods - A genuine conspiracy involving a plan by the Joint Chiefs of Staff to launch a fake Cuban terror campaign on American soil to persuade the US public to support an invasion against Castro. The plan involved bombings and the simultaneous hijacking and blowing up of American airliners.
10) MK-ULTRA - The code name for a covert mind-control and chemical interrogation research programme, run by the Office of Scientific Intelligence. The programme began in the early 1950s, continuing at least through the late 1960s, using US citizens as test subjects. Project MK-ULTRA was brought first to wide public attention in 1975 by Congress and by the Rockefeller Commission. Investigative efforts were hampered by the fact that CIA Director Richard Helms ordered all MK-ULTRA files destroyed in 1973. . . .
11) North American Union - The North American Union (NAU) is a theoretical regional union of Canada, Mexico and the United States similar in structure to the European Union, sometimes including a common currency called the amero. Theorists who believe that the three countries are planning for this believe that it is part of a global conspiracy to set up something called the New World Order (NWO). Officials from all three nations have repeatedly denied that there are plans to create a NAU . . .
12) Shakespeare was somebody else - Who really was the English language's greatest writer? Among the numerous alternative candidates that have been proposed Francis Bacon, Christopher Marlowe, . . .
13) The disappearance of Shergar - On February 8, 1983, a group of men wearing balaclavas and armed with guns turned up at the Ballymany Stud Farm in Co Kildare, Ireland and took a hostage – Jim Fitzgerald, the stud's head groom. "We've come for Shergar," they said. "We want £2m for him." Shergar was arguably the greatest racehorse to have ever lived. But 25 years after he was kidnapped from Ballymany the mystery of exactly what happened to him after he was snatched that night still lingers.
14) Paul is dead - “Paul is dead” is an urban legend alleging that Paul McCartney died in a car crash 1966 and was replaced by a look-alike and sound-alike. "Evidence" for McCartney’s death consists of “clues” found among the Beatles’ many recordings.
15) The July 7, 2005 Tube bombings - One of the supposed mysteries surrounding the 7/7 attacks is this image, used by several news outlets, of the bombers entering Luton station on their way to London at around 7.20am on July 7. Theorists claim this image is fake . . .
16) The Moscow apartment bombings - Former GRU officer Aleksey Galkin and former FSB officer the late Alexander Litvinenko (who was killed with Polonium-210 in London in November 2006) and other whistle-blowers from the Russian government and security services have asserted that the 1999 Russian apartment bombings were operations perpetrated by the FSB . .
17) Black or unmarked helicopters - The concept became popular in the American militia movement, and in associated political circles, in the 1990s as an alleged symbol and warning sign of a military takeover of part or all of the United States.
18) Harold Wilson was a Soviet agent - Soviet defector Anatoliy Golitsyn is thought to have claimed that Wilson was a KGB spy. He further claimed that Hugh Gaitskell was assassinated by the KGB so that he could be replaced as Labour leader by Harold Wilson. Furthermore, former MI5 officer Peter Wright claimed in his memoirs - Spycatcher - that he had been told that Wilson was a Soviet agent. MI5 repeatedly investigated Wilson over the course of several years . . .
19) The Protocols of the Elders of Zion - Despite being utterly discredited for at least 100 years, belief in this document has proved remarkably resilient on the internet. The text takes the form of an instruction manual to a new member of the "elders," describing how they will run the world through control of the media and finance, and replace the traditional social order . . .
20) The peak oil conspiracy - Peak oil (a theory in itself) is the supposed peak of oil production during and after which demand for oil outstrips supply sending prices through the roof.
21) Pearl Harbor was allowed to happen - Theorists believe that President Franklin Roosevelt provoked the Japanese attack on the US naval base in Hawaii in December 1941, knew about it in advance and covered up his failure to warn his fleet commanders. He apparently needed the attack to provoke Hitler into declaring war on the US . . .
22) The Philadelphia Experiment - Popularised by the Charles Berlitz novel of the same name, conspiracy theorists believe that during an experiment at the Philadelphia Naval Shipyard in October 1943, the US Navy destroyer Eldridge was rendered invisible.
23) Pan Am Flight 103 - Pan Am Flight 103 was Pan American's third daily scheduled transatlantic flight from Heathrow to New York John F. Kennedy International Airport. On December 21, 1988, the aircraft flying this route - a Boeing 747 - was destroyed by a bomb, killing all 259 people on board and 11 people on the ground. The remains landed around Lockerbie in southern Scotland. A popular theory for which no evidence has been produced suggests that the US Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) had set up a protected drug route from Europe to the United States - allegedly called Operation Corea - which allowed Syrian drug dealers to ship heroin to the US using Pan Am flights.
24) Fluoridation - Fluoride is commonly added to drinking water as a way to reduce tooth decay. However, there has been some evidence that there could be some harmful side effects from fluoride and conspiracy theorists believe that this information is known
25) The 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami - A popular theory in the Muslim world is that the tsunami could have been caused by an Indian nuclear experiment in which Israeli and American nuclear experts participated.
26) Plastic coffins and concentration camps - Just outside Atlanta, Georgia, beside a major road are approximately 500,000 plastic coffins. Stacked neatly and in full view, the coffins are allegedly owned by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (Fema).
27) HAARP - More than 200 miles east of Anchorage, Alaska, is the Pentagon's High-frequency Active Auroral Research Program
28. The Aids virus was created in a laboratory - Based on the theories of Dr William Campbell Douglass, many believe that that HIV was genetically engineered in 1974 by the World Health Organisation.
29) Global warming is a hoax - Some climate change doubters believe that man-made global warming is a conspiracy designed to soften up the world's population to higher taxation . . .
30) Chemtrails - Chemtrail conspiracy theorists believe that some contrails, which consist of ice crystals or water vapor condensed behind aircraft, actually result from chemicals or biological agents being deliberately sprayed at high altitude for some undisclosed purpose.
The greatest Conspiracies . . . History's greatest conspiracy theories