Staff member
comparison.jpg
In a talk last year by Luis Elizondo, this slide was shown

87063556_10157072957631302_2523542433157873664_o.jpg

The one that caught my eye was the second from the right
Metabunk 2020-02-21 13-27-36.jpg

Which instantly reminded me of a couple of pieces I have on my bookcase:
Metabunk 2020-02-21 13-28-45.jpg

These are the result of burning some thermite in a flowerpot.
Metabunk 2020-02-21 13-31-08.jpg

Even the shape is reminiscent of the bottom of a flower-pot, which is a common vessel for burning thermite (relatively heat resistant, at least not melting). After chipping away the cracked piot you get something like this:
Metabunk 2020-02-21 16-44-27.jpg

The bottom part is iron, the upper part with more bubbles is slag, a mixture of iron, iron oxide, and aluminum oxide. When sawn in half vertically you get the cross-sections like in my photos above, and in the TTSA image.

Given the visual similarity, I'd say it's pretty likely that this is what their sample is. Which raises the question of where they got it from. A thermite residue puck is not something you find laying around, unless you made it yourself.

Last edited:
I suppose it's worth noting that Elizondo said that only some of the objects in that slide are "special", the rest not
Sure, but why wouldn't he say which ones? What exactly is the point of a slide where he says some of them are special? Why not say what's so special about them?

To me, this seems like he fears scrutiny.

Sure, but why wouldn't he say which ones? What exactly is the point of a slide where he says some of them are special? Why not say what's so special about them?

To me, this seems like he fears scrutiny.

Well , if you are asking for an opinion , then to me it's all just a charade. Showing a little to keep interest , but covering yourself just enough to avoid being called out

Given he has said a number of the items are not "Special", if you try and prove one of them is not "special", you are only giving him the pleasure of later saying that item is not one of the special ones. See what I mean. Trying to prove an item is not "special" at this point in time, just helps him.
You can only really wait to see if he does disclose the special ones, and then analyse them. Otherwise you are wasting your time and inevitably just helping him remove ones that are debunkable.

Back