Crowdsourcing platform for fact-checking

APerc

Hi,
i have been working on a crowdsourcing platform built around the idea of preventing the spreading of misinformation.
The platform consists of a Chrome browser extension and a social media network.
Users can write fact-checked articles about claims and link them to web pages where those claims exist. The Chrome extension then reacts if there is a match between the linked page and an existing fact-check article. If there is one, then it will warn the user and enable it to see the fact-checked article. This happens in real-time, so if somebody is reading a claim online can be informed if it is true or false before the claim is been spread by sharing...
There are fact-check pages with articles, but the difference here is that my platform is also creating profile pages of people or pages that made a claim and they can be used to see if someone can be trusted or not e.g. There is a profile page of Mr. Liar and the page has 20 claims all reviewed as false.
There are other features as well, like making substitutions of clickbait titles with alternative ones. The user with the Chrome extension can just right-click on a clickbait title, choose Remedia -> alternate title, and fill in the modal with another title of his choosing. The title will be substituted and other users will see that title preventing them from being lured into clicking and opening a page.

If you are interested feel free to ask or to visit https://remedia.social and Remedia Chrome extension

The screenshots demonstrate the usage of the alternate title feature (in Croatian) before and after

Attachments

• poslije.png
    poslije.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 17
  • prije.png
    prije.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 16
Interesting idea. I’d like to try it. My older Chrome browser is unable to properly render the page, though. Possibly due to limited CSS support. The entire page vibrates.

Interesting idea. I’d like to try it. My older Chrome browser is unable to properly render the page, though. Possibly due to limited CSS support. The entire page vibrates.
Huh, could you tell me the version of your browser? I tried to avoid new features as much as I could, however, the frameworks I am using might use those features....

Sadly the best you will probably get is a fact-checking war as different factions up/down vote content. Even Wikipedia ended up having to lock certain articles to prevent reversion battles between users. I may be wrong but ...

Huh, could you tell me the version of your browser? I tried to avoid new features as much as I could, however, the frameworks I am using might use those features....
Sure. It’s IOS Chrome 92.0.4515.90 on one of the early iPads. No longer able to update Chrome due to outdated hardware. I have similar issues on other websites, so no worries.

Back