Has any UFOlogist managed to explain the crash rate of these UFOs?

• Thread starter Deleted member 19405
  • Start date
My point is that you're debating how many fairies can safely ride on the back of a unicorn.
.... assuming we know how many unicorns there are and how long they live, which we have zero data on.
While at the same time eschewing the data we would actually have if all reports were true.

My point is that you're debating how many fairies can safely ride on the back of a unicorn.
To echo this:

You're driving along the road at night and you pass a stationary car in a layby with its hazard lights flashing. What's wrong with the car?
  • Did it blow a tyre?
  • Did it crash?
  • If it crashed, was it because of driver error?
  • If it crashed, was it because of mechanical failure?
  • If it crashed, was it because of adverse road conditions?
  • Did it break down?
  • If it broke down, was it an engine problem?
  • If it broke down, was it a transmission problem?
  • If it broke down, was it...
You have no data, just a visual (which is much more than is available for alleged crashed UAPs) and each attempt to figure out what even happened to the car, nevermind the rate at which that thing happens to other cars of its type, simply spawns an ever-increasing list of further questions. And that's for something that we already understand, namely, a car.

With UAPs, this kind of question is absolutely insane. Assuming that the story itself is accurate and that there are beings found at these crash sites (assuming that the crash sites exist), then we can just about conclude that these crashed UAPs are probably some form of transit. And that's it. That's the extent of the guesses we can make as to even the nature of the crashed object. It might not even be the equivalent of an aircraft, it might instead be... I dunno, a Space Vespa, or a submarine, or a Bagger 288, and that's limiting our perspective just to our own understanding of what a transit vehicle even is.

I really get fed up with the absolutely groundless speculation on stuff like this. It just goes absolutely nowhere, from nowhere, via nowhere. Like a broken-down car.

As of the timestamp of this message. this statement is to record the proven crash rate of alien craft at zero. And I hope it stays that way. We've had more than enough trouble with viral infections that originate on Earth. I shudder to think what may happen if alien biology or self-replicating nanotechnology was introduced in an uncrontrolled way into the Earth's biosphere.

Well this kind of chain of thought is kinda self-explanatory. Aliens are not humans, so we don't even know if crashing is a thing with those vehicles.

For example if there are nonhuman drones in the air, then all the militaries of the world would like to examine them. So we would try to force them down. Who knows how, we don't even know how they stay up if they exist. The theory says "a few vehicles crashed" but it did not say "by themselves", it is possible human tech made them land. Also, according to the claims a few were just abandoned.

It is a good question; "why" would they crash or leave a vehicle behind? But the opposite question is just as hard to answer: Why would they not crash or leave a vehicle behind? Are there alien-fines if you don't bring the drone back to the rental company? Our assumptions based on our personal cultural beliefs (like assuming a vehicle is valuable and should always be retrieved) are not scientific rebuttals.

Last edited:
Everyone is concerned about the OGA, doesn't anyone care that the aliens are sending their worst pilots here?
Mars Climate Orbiter crashed on Mars, SMART-1 crashed on the moon, Messenger crashed on Mercury, Cassini crashed on Saturn. There's precedent.

How many of our unmanned flight craft that landed on other planets have we retrieved?

Pretty much 0?

There's your crash rate: 100% of probes that come here are designed to not return to Andromida.

The aliens do not care if the fascists on the planet they inspect hide the drones from people or not.

Bingo Bango.

Just saying its not difficult to imagine a perfectly valid reason why there are X recovered crashed UFOs.

How many of our unmanned flight craft that landed on other planets have we retrieved?

Pretty much 0?
Yes, but the Soviet Luna program did have three successful land-and-return missions to the moon, and brought back lunar soil samples. OK, not a planet, but often forgotten.

Back