There will be widescale rioting after Zimmerman verdict. Debunk, please

A time opinion piece - not sure how it fits into the narrative of media stoking a racial frenzy.
All the comments disagree with the article.

Preparing for Riots After Zimmerman Verdict Is Racial Fear Mongering

The assumption that there will be violence if Zimmerman is acquitted runs counter to recent history

Content from External Source
And if the media is stoking public interest in this case that would supposedly go unnoticed otherwise, who was behind the one million hoodie march?

It'll be funny if it all turns out to be a bunch of nothing. But it's worth noting that just a quick google search for trayvon martin riots yields results mostly from right wing news sites.

A callous attempt at a self fulfilling prophecy from the people who literally make a business out of fear mongering.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2013/07/14/statement-president

The death of Trayvon Martin was a tragedy. Not just for his family, or for any one community, but for America. I know this case has elicited strong passions. And in the wake of the verdict, I know those passions may be running even higher. But we are a nation of laws, and a jury has spoken. I now ask every American to respect the call for calm reflection from two parents who lost their young son. And as we do, we should ask ourselves if we’re doing all we can to widen the circle of compassion and understanding in our own communities. We should ask ourselves if we’re doing all we can to stem the tide of gun violence that claims too many lives across this country on a daily basis. We should ask ourselves, as individuals and as a society, how we can prevent future tragedies like this. As citizens, that’s a job for all of us. That’s the way to honor Trayvon Martin.

Is it safe to say Joe Newman's prediction debunked itself?

no - I think not.

What has happened is that his prediction did not eventuate (at least not yet) - debunking would be another matter.

I do not think there was anything wrong with being concerned that rioting might take place - it was sensible to consider and plan for the possibility given the nature of the scenario.

And we can be thankful that it did not.

no - I think not.

What has happened is that his prediction did not eventuate (at least not yet) - debunking would be another matter.

I do not think there was anything wrong with being concerned that rioting might take place - it was sensible to consider and plan for the possibility given the nature of the scenario.

And we can be thankful that it did not.

I agree completely. I was being facetious.

It'll be funny if it all turns out to be a bunch of nothing. But it's worth noting that just a quick google search for trayvon martin riots yields results mostly from right wing news sites.

A callous attempt at a self fulfilling prophecy from the people who literally make a business out of fear mongering.

who stoked the flames in the first place ? The left . who is not satified with the outcome ? the left . The only thing I saw was a little scuffle in Oakland no worse then what the Occutards did there . Im glad its over now lets get back to Beghazi IRS Fast & Furious NSA ECT

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a year old.

Sure is but relevant. They already wasted taxpayer money and found no racism . Which is why the DOJ investigation will be more wasted taxpayer money . Trayvon parents already settled before the trial with the Homeowners Association for over a Million dollars . they knew if they didnt settle before they might not win with Zimmerman being found not guilty . If i were Zimmerman Id sue the parents for their son assaulting him .

Sure is but relevant. They already wasted taxpayer money and found no racism . Which is why the DOJ investigation will be more wasted taxpayer money . Trayvon parents already settled before the trial with the Homeowners Association for over a Million dollars . they knew if they didnt settle before they might not win with Zimmerman being found not guilty . If i were Zimmerman Id sue the parents for their son assaulting him .
"Occutards"? Really? Calm down Joe.

Surely he would come up against the same problem that saved him from being convicted... lack of evidence as to what actually happened. I think he should count himself lucky... he is alive, healthy and free.

I agree it would be a waste of taxpayer money. But it appears the DOJ is looking into it again, so for now, there is a possibility that it is not over. I don't think they will file charges but you never know.

"Occutards"? Really? Calm down Joe.

Surely he would come up against the same problem that saved him from being convicted... lack of evidence as to what actually happened. I think he should count himself lucky... he is alive, healthy and free.

Occupy are leftist supported by Pelosi Obama SEIU ect .

I agree it would be a waste of taxpayer money. But it appears the DOJ is looking into it again, so for now, there is a possibility that it is not over. I don't think they will file charges but you never know.

the DOJ needs to answer for the Death of Brian Terry and hundreds of dead Mexicans . They need not to waste another minute or dollar on a man who was found NOT GUILTY . They are stirring the pot again , Why not arrest the New Black Panthers for death Threats against Zimmerman , Because again it is a left right issue because of the media Government Complex. DOJ is a Joke .

Wisconsin Man Beaten By a Dozen Black Teens Over Trayvon Martin

Let's go back to the opening post in this thread.

ghttp://metabunk.or/threads/there-will-be-widescale-rioting-after-zimmerman-verdict-debunk-please.1969/

There will definitely be rioting, the verdict notwithstanding. It is not going to be spontaneous, or a series of unrelated "isolated incidents." Batshit crazy, perhaps, but looking at the data I just pulled up and placing into context, I can't find an alternative outcome in the tealeaves.
It doesn't seem like these isolated instances are evidence of the thread's title statement.

ghttp://metabunk.or/threads/there-will-be-widescale-rioting-after-zimmerman-verdict-debunk-please.1969/

There will definitely be rioting, the verdict notwithstanding. It is not going to be spontaneous, or a series of unrelated "isolated incidents." Batshit crazy, perhaps, but looking at the data I just pulled up and placing into context, I can't find an alternative outcome in the tealeaves.
It doesn't seem like these isolated instances are evidence of the thread's title statement.

Indeed...

And do not confuse protests with rioting.

Isolated ?

Robert Zimmerman to DOJ: Stop the 'Witch Hunt'...
Baltimore Witness: Group of Blacks Beat Hispanic Man, Yelling 'This Is For Trayvon'...
White jogger beaten...
Protesters storm WALMART...
Soul singer attacked after dedicating song to Trayvon...
'You m—–f——, you started this!'
PA BUSINESS GRAFFITIED WITH 'KILL ZIMMERMAN,' SET ON FIRE...
VIDEO: CBS Reporter, Photographer Attacked...
LAPD vows crackdown...
Nancy Grace: Zimmerman 'driving through TACO BELL every night, having a churro'...
Chicago Church Marquee: 'It Is Safe To Kill BLACK PEOPLE In Amerikkka'...
NUGENT: Vindicates citizen patrols, self-defense...
STEVIE WONDER BOYCOTTS FLORIDA...
Maya Angelou: 'What is really injured is psyche of our national population'...
Prosecutor Excused Potential Black Juror for Being FOXNEWS Watcher...
Zimmerman Family Suspects Obama Tapping Their Phones...

HILLARY TELLS 'SISTERHOOD' OF HEARTACHE FROM VERDICT

In a country of over 300 million people- what percentage of the population has been involved in verdict/case related violence?

The not guilty verdict should have ended this circus yet the race pimps and the media along with Eric Holder still want to fan the flames . Its far from over .
In a country of over 300 million people- what percentage of the population has been involved in verdict/case related violence?
Tell that to the victims which already out number the one killed in self defense .

The not guilty verdict should have ended this circus yet the race pimps and the media along with Eric Holder still want to fan the flames . Its far from over .
Tell that to the victims which already out number the one killed in self defense .

You still didn't answer the question.

Two Zimmerman protesters detained, then released at City Hall - Houston, Texas

look who made the signs ? Workers World Party . http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Workers_World_Party Faux ginned up protest for civil unrest by communist .

A lot of people are using the verdict for their own ends or express opinions or outrage. What has not happened (yet) is large scale rioting with lots of violence. You list above only had three or four instances of isolated violence (one or two people being hurt.

A lot of people are using the verdict for their own ends or express opinions or outrage. What has not happened (yet) is large scale rioting with lots of violence. You list above only had three or four instances of isolated violence (one or two people being hurt.

I agree and Im glad their are no major riots . What Im saying is that they are dragging it on instead of moving on . So the worse may not have happened yet . Why does Occupy get involved ? why are the Workers World party involved ? Have you ever read Saul Alinsky's Rules For Radicals ? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rules_for_Radicals
The use of congregation-based organizing has been linked to Jesse Jackson when he was organizing his own political campaign. But most famous for drawing on Alinsky principles is President Barack Obama.His own community organizing and campaigns have long held strong roots in the tactics of the organizer who did so much work in his city of Chicago.
In 1969, Hillary Rodham wrote a 92-page senior thesis for Wellesley College titled "There Is Only the Fight . . . ": An Analysis of the Alinsky Model. The subject was famed radicallcommunity organizer Saul Alinsky.

I agree and Im glad their are no major riots . What Im saying is that they are dragging it on instead of moving on . So the worse may not have happened yet . Why does Occupy get involved ? why are the Workers World party involved ? Have you ever read Saul Alinsky's Rules For Radicals ? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rules_for_Radicals

Which bit applies to the Zimmerman situation?

I think it's dragging on because it's in the public eye. It makes sense to focus your efforts where there is public attention if you want to affect change.

Im not sure what percentage ? Rodney King was the last time they used the excuse to riot to fill their liquor cabinets .

Who are "they" ?

I agree and Im glad their are no major riots . What Im saying is that they are dragging it on instead of moving on . So the worse may not have happened yet . Why does Occupy get involved ? why are the Workers World party involved ?

Why wouldn't they? They perceive it as an injustice-no different then fat cats manipulating financial markets for their own profit. It's an opportunity to express their displeasure with the "system".

Back