Claim: 13 people witness UFO at Red Rock Arena Colorado

jarlrmai

Senior Member.
https://nuforc.org/sighting/?id=181776

https://nypost.com/2024/06/29/us-news/dozen-spot-ufo-soaring-above-red-rocks-amphitheater/

Occurred: 2024-06-05 01:00 Local
Reported: 2024-06-05 10:43 Pacific
Duration: about 30 seconds
No of observers: 12

Location details: North of Red Rocks about a mile or so, hovering above the treetops on the hog's back ridge.

Shape: Disk
Color: Dark metallic
Estimated Size: Several hundred feet long
Viewed From: Land
Direction from Viewer: North
Angle of Elevation: 7
Closest Distance: About a mile or so
Estimated Speed: It hovered in place and then moved 5-10mph east.
Characteristics: Lights on object

We saw a large disc shaped craft with three levels of windows. It hovered silently and then disappeared into thin air.

I was working at Red Rocks Amphitheater last night when one of our coworkers suddenly said to us, "Hey, what is that over there? It looks like a spaceship." We all turned to look in the direction he was pointing and sure enough, there was a UFO hovering about a half a mile to a mile north of red rocks. A dozen of us saw it. We all kept asking each other, "Are you seeing this too?" It was a resounding "yes" from everyone in the group.

What we saw was a classic disc shaped metallic craft that was several hundred yards long. It had three levels of windows, almost like really long 3 story office building. This thing was totally silent. It didn't make a sound. What's even crazier is that as soon as we all started noticing it and stopped what we were doing to pay attention to it, the craft tipped at an angle and slowly started moving belly-first to the east. Then it started fading away until it was invisible. It didn't shoot off into the distance. It simply dissolved into the ether. We all watched it vanish.

This was not a plane. It wasn't a satellite, a drone, or anything like that. There was no mistaking what this was: We all saw a giant disc shaped craft hovering a few hundred feet above the ground with three rows of windows and lights. Then we all saw it fade into nothing as soon as it knew it was being watched.
There were a dozen other people who saw it with me.
Content from External Source
Reddit thread with the person who saw it replying to questions

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/UFOs/comments/1dra4wk/12_witnesses_spot_ufo_soaring_above_red_rocks/?ref=share&ref_source=link

There is no video

I asked where exactly the sighting was from and got this reply

We were on the loading dock across the road from the Trading Post building. We were looking off the back of the dock over the back railing towards the NE.
I went there in Google Earth and in the exact direction they were looking at 1 mile (in the distances you state) from the place they were looking from a road crosses the ridge.

It's possible they saw a large lit up truck or some large moving heavy plant, like a crane or other large construction/farming vehicle etc, often moved at night to avoid traffic.

If it were going up hill it would be tipped up and moving to the east would have it going around the bend and vanishing as it was occluded by the ridge.

Is anyone aware of any requirement to report/log large vehicle movements in the US/Colorado?

Reddit thread with the person who saw it replying to questions

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/UFOs/comments/1dqts7o/ufo_sighting_reported_at_red_rocks_in_colorado/

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/UFOs/comments/1dra4wk/12_witnesses_spot_ufo_soaring_above_red_rocks/

(quotes in the OP)

report allegedly filed by
https://www.reddit.com/user/Lemonator8976/
I’m the person who made the original report to the UFO database. I was on the loading dock that night and saw the craft that was hovering.

Direction from Viewer: North
Angle of Elevation: 7
Closest Distance: About a mile or so
Estimated Speed: It hovered in place and then moved 5-10mph east.
We were on the loading dock across the road from the Trading Post building. We were looking off the back of the dock over the back railing towards the NE.

Here's the dock, looking NE.2024-06-29_12-52-42.jpg

And North:

2024-06-29_12-53-40.jpg

Attachments

• Red Rocks Loading Dock.kmz
    717 bytes · Views: 1
The angle of elevation 7 is oddly specific. But it is also above the ridge, which is around 2° Up, and the hill is under 3°

Going by the rule of "The first thing they say it definitely was not is probably what it was, I'm guessing it was a plane -- that would at least match the rows of windows, but otherwise it does not match well. A train might be better, but I don't see any train tracks, unless I'm missing them.

A look at the map shows some interesting possible sources for lights about a mile north, so in the right place...
capture 2.JPG
I see a Miner's Maze Adventure Park (does not seem to be packed with tall lights, but they could have had some sort of event), a big aggregate quarry, a Harley Davidson dealer, a big highway interchange, a sports complex... But unsure how any of that translates into a disk several hundred feet across! It may be worth noting that the area a mile north should be crammed with potential witnesses, right under this several-hundred-feet-across disk...

Oh, and this, some sort of go-cart or dirt bike track east of the quarry, but it looks like it is behind a hill from the amphitheater...
Capture.JPG
There is a trail up to, and then along, that ridge, so activity up there is possible.

NOTES ON THE "LOADING DOCK?"
EDIT: Lengthy search for possible loading dock removed, while I was thrashing around Mick was posting the correct answer!

Finally, there is the Red Rock Trading Post:
red rock trading post loading.JPG
It does not have a dedicated loading dock that I can find from Google Earth Street View, it looks from this image as though vendors just park and hand-truck goods to where they need to be. View north from here:
view n from tp parking.JPG

(leaving those pics as they may be useful.)

Last edited:
Here's the dock, looking NE.
@Mick West Do we know that's the dock referred to? It looks like the parking lot in front of the trading post. If you're sure that's the right one, I can trim my post above by a large amount, as the other sites can be omitted!

Edit to add: Thanks jarlmai, I've edited my post! So much lost verbiage!)

Last edited:
Back