Pentagon ex-UFO chief says conspiracy theorists in government drive spending

yoshy

Pentagon ex-UFO chief says conspiracy theorists in government drive spending

Conspiracy theorists working for and within the US government are perpetuating myths about UFOs that millions of taxpayer dollars are then spent looking into, a “self-licking ice cream cone”, according to the Pentagon’s former chief investigator of unidentified anomalous phenomena (UAP).

But many lawmakers, he insists, are only too happy to embrace unsubstantiated stories circulated by “a core group of people” about secret government UFO research programs. Those include startling claims from the former US intelligence official and whistleblower David Grusch last year about intact alien vehicles and non-human “biologics”, or biological matter, stored at a remote facility.

“They’re the same people that worked with a US company and the US army to explore a piece of material that they claim was a UAP and really is a piece of missile casing from the 1950s. They’re the same people that have been influencing some of these whistleblowers who have come forward to say: ‘Hey, I don’t have any first-hand evidence, but all these people are telling me this.’”

Exactly as many here suspected

Link: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/jan/27/sean-kirkpatrick-pentagon-ufo-conspiracy-theory-myths

Sean Kirkpatrick made the claim in a podcast this week after stepping down last month as the first director of the defense department’s all-domain anomaly resolution office (Aaro).
Content from External Source
Podcast referenced here: https://www.metabunk.org/threads/da...-statement-and-ig-complaint.12989/post-310235

Kirkpatrick said in a resignation essay published by Scientific American last week that he feared lawmakers had succumbed to “conspiracy-driven decision-making” and sensationalism in their rush to “uncover the cover-up”.
Scientific American essay referenced and discussed here: https://www.metabunk.org/threads/da...-statement-and-ig-complaint.12989/post-309629

Aaro’s first comprehensive historical record report, which has been submitted to Congress and is set for publication later this year, contains no evidence of the existence of alien life, or any government cover-up, Kirkpatrick says.
When that report comes out, that'll definitely be worth a thread of its own.

Sundry excerpts (The Guardian quoting Sean Kirkpatrick on the podcast):

“The best thing that could have happened in this job is I found the aliens, and I could have rolled them out, but there’s none. There is no evidence of extraterrestrials. There is no evidence of aliens, and there’s no evidence of the government conspiracy.”

“When you dig into those kinds of observations, and we had hundreds, you go back and work with the pilot, you work with the sensor, and you reconstruct the entire engagement, nine times out of 10 or more that turns into an optical illusion that we call parallax,” he said.

“Most of the times when we can’t give an explanation, it is because there is a lack of data, and by that I mean consistent, solid, recorded data that you can put into a computer and you can do analysis on.”

He could at least give them semi-cryptic pseudonyms, and give us something new, and this time actually fun and interesting, to speculate about.
It isnt much, but there is this.
There were 2 names Kirkpatrick did mention in this interview, because he said they've already been widely documented and were very public about it, and those 2 names were Harry Reid and Robert Bigelow. The exact time this is said is 28:5o, you don't need an apple account or anything to listen to this podcast

Source: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/is-the-pentagon-really-hiding-crashed-alien-spaceships/id1685702585?i=1000642602121

But I have doubts those names will make it into his report.

There were 2 names Kirkpatrick did mention in this interview, because he said they've already been widely documented and were very public about it, and those 2 names were Harry Reid and Robert Bigelow.
Bigelow is a major political donor, and perhaps that influences the amount of attention Congress gives to his pet UFO beliefs.

Jan 30 (Reuters) - Hotelier Robert Bigelow told Reuters on Tuesday he gave Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump $1 million for his legal fees and agreed to donate another $20 million to a pro-Trump outside group for campaign purposes.
Bigelow, who also founded Bigelow Aerospace and funds investigations into extraterrestrial life, said he felt Trump was being unfairly targeted in the criminal cases and that his sympathy towards the former president had motivated the donation.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/do...legal-fees-donate-20-million-more-2024-01-30/

Bigelow is a major political donor, and perhaps that influences the amount of attention Congress gives to his pet UFO beliefs.

Jan 30 (Reuters) - Hotelier Robert Bigelow told Reuters on Tuesday he gave Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump $1 million for his legal fees and agreed to donate another $20 million to a pro-Trump outside group for campaign purposes.
Bigelow, who also founded Bigelow Aerospace and funds investigations into extraterrestrial life, said he felt Trump was being unfairly targeted in the criminal cases and that his sympathy towards the former president had motivated the donation.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/do...legal-fees-donate-20-million-more-2024-01-30/

He was an equal sided doner, having given a chunk to Ried, a democrat. He gave a lot less to Ried, around $10k if I remember, over several years, but in a smaller population state like Nevada that still helpful.
But I have doubts those names will make it into his report.
In that podcast it seems no, but we can infer a few of them. Given Mellon's tweets covered in other treads on Grusch's statements, Puthoff and Davis are at least 2 of them. Kirkpatrick also gives cluse to follow about some others that were testing meta-materials, so something to look into.

How in the world can pilots not know what parallax is? Aren’t pilots trained to fly by instruments alone because their eye’s cannot tell the difference between the sky and sea in some weather conditions?

Last edited by a moderator:
There were 2 names Kirkpatrick did mention in this interview, because he said they've already been widely documented and were very public about it, and those 2 names were Harry Reid and Robert Bigelow.
That's inferred because he mentioned AAWSAP in the SA essay, where he linked to Greenstreet's dossier; we discussed that in the other thread. AAWSAP directly involved Elizondo (and Mellon?), too. Maybe it'd be worthwhile to look at his other links?

Chuck Schumer referenced Harry Reid last year when the new UAP bill was introduced (how much of it was passed?), so he does still have a posthumous effect on politics.

It looks as if a date for the report has been given. The date given was March 7th, by Sean to Steven Greenstreet, but there was a "probably" inserted in there.
1708989336210.png

Source: https://twitter.com/MiddleOfMayhem/status/1762150108127461798?s=20

I am posting it here as I think this is the most relevant place to post it considering the thread title is "Pentagon ex-UFO chief says conspiracy theorists in government drive spending".
Sorry to the mods if this is not on topic.

It looks as if a date for the report has been given. The date given was March 7th, by Sean to Steven Greenstreet, but there was a "probably" inserted in there.
I understand the report was completed in December:
One of my last acts before retiring was to sign AARO’s Historical Record Report Volume 1, which is currently being prepared for delivery to Congress and the public.
Apparently, it has been clearing red tape since then. With no official release date, for a release set next week (!), I'd be wary of a prediction as well.

I am posting it here as I think this is the most relevant place to post it considering the thread title is "Pentagon ex-UFO chief says conspiracy theorists in government drive spending".
Sorry to the mods if this is not on topic.
Thanks for the update! Once the report gets released, that will definitely warrant a new thread :)

Once the report gets released, that will definitely warrant a new thread :)
I also think a new thread is the best option, this report in my opinion is a huge huge huge deal and deserves its own space to be discussed as a single topic. This just happened to be the one place I thought it belonged before the report hits, but I agree with the previous posts and yourself. This report needs a new thread when its released.

Back