Pattern of beeps on a White Orb video

Yeta

Hi Guys!

I've had some experiences with Orb kind-of phenomena.
Years of research, all kind of contacts within the UAP community, but only questions left. Yes, the common story.

Tuesday, August 21, 2018, I've made a video of this Orb at a very close distance. But remarkable enough, the Orb itself, doesn't appear on this particular video. So one could think: useless for the community and nothing to debunk.
But there's a sound pattern of beeps on the end of this video, and I'd like to find out if that particular sound could be debunked. I've cut this part of the video to an .mp3 Audio file.

Source: https://voca.ro/1eQVz4GdAM5H

Important:
- Position in rural/thinly populated area
- Genuine material (made by me: my breath, my voice (saying something like: Yes, i'm okay with this)
- Used camera: Canon S110 (video mode)
- The video is 3:13min long, and the beeps are only heard between 2:52 and 3:07.

Now my question: What could this pattern of sounds be?

Sounds like morse code, barely audible above the noise floor. It should show up clearly on a spectrum analyser, at ~1000Hz.

My guess would be a nearby AM ham radio station somehow being picked up by your camera microphone's wiring.

Last edited:
Hi Guys!

I've had some experiences with Orb kind-of phenomena.
Years of research, all kind of contacts within the UAP community, but only questions left. Yes, the common story.

Tuesday, August 21, 2018, I've made a video of this Orb at a very close distance. But remarkable enough, the Orb itself, doesn't appear on this particular video. So one could think: useless for the community and nothing to debunk.
But there's a sound pattern of beeps on the end of this video, and I'd like to find out if that particular sound could be debunked. I've cut this part of the video to an .mp3 Audio file.

Source: https://voca.ro/1eQVz4GdAM5H

Important:
- Position in rural/thinly populated area
- Genuine material (made by me: my breath, my voice (saying something like: Yes, i'm okay with this)
- Used camera: Canon S110 (video mode)
- The video is 3:13min long, and the beeps are only heard between 2:52 and 3:07.

Not sure I'm following this. You apparently saw (with the naked eye?) what you describe as an orb? You attempted to make a video of it, with a phone? When you played the video back, there was no orb visible on tbe video, but in the process of that playback you heard the beeps? Did you hear the beeps in real-time as you were shooting the video or only on the playback of the video?

Not sure I'm following this. You apparently saw (with the naked eye?) what you describe as an orb? You attempted to make a video of it, with a phone? When you played the video back, there was no orb visible on tbe video, but in the process of that playback you heard the beeps? Did you hear the beeps in real-time as you were shooting the video or only on the playback of the video?

Yes, very clear with the naked eye. At a very close distance right in front of me.
I've made the video with my Canon s110, this is a point and shoot camera.
Yes, in the process of exploring the video i've discovered the beeps. I didn't hear them in real-time, so only on the playback.

Yes, very clear with the naked eye. At a very close distance right in front of me.
I've made the video with my Canon s110, this is a point and shoot camera.
Yes, in the process of exploring the video i've discovered the beeps. I didn't hear them in real-time, so only on the playback.
In your original post you said, "But remarkable enough, the Orb itself, doesn't appear on this particular video." Does that mean that, although you saw it "very clear" at a "very close distance right in front of you," the camera did not detect/record the orb visually, but did audibly detect/record the beeps?

In your original post you said, "But remarkable enough, the Orb itself, doesn't appear on this particular video." Does that mean that, although you saw it "very clear" at a "very close distance right in front of you," the camera did not detect/record the orb visually, but did audibly detect/record the beeps?
Correct. Although, I have to admit, it is still possible that this Orb was out of lens sight. Can't say it with 100% certaincy because it was dark and cannot retrieve in which direction the camera was exactly pointed. It was roughly pointed at the Orb. Because the shock of the experience I wasn't active focussing at the object. The camera was on the roof of my car right next to me.

For now I would like to focus on the sounds.

Note that @Yeta does not claim that the orb caused the 1000Hz beeps.

Yeta also does not claim that the orb appeared on the viewfinder screen of the camera at the time.

I've had something similar to that sound. As I have over 10,000 videos it might take some time to find the relevant one. It is a wind effect on the microphones...especially on cameras ( mine is a Lumix TZ80 ) that have two little holes the sound enters. You are basically getting the same effect as with blowing across the top of a test tube, or into a flute....it needs just the right angle of wind.

Update.

Around that time the sound was "debunked" by a local uap website, explaining it was a pickedup callsign from an Citizens Band Radio amateur @ 27mhz.
The only problem I have with that is a scientific one: please replay it, this has to be recorded somewhere else and prove the match. So till now I consider this theory as a hypothese, not the answer to the problem.

For me, as a witness of an Orb observing me just 200 meters/ 218 yards in front of my feet it is of major importance to give a scientific debunk/explanation. Reason is, that the idea that this phenomenon was "communicating" with me, is still giving me the creeps and will turn the world upside down. It is far more satisfying that this is just a simple radio interruption or gust of wind.

So please give it a good shot!

This seems a bit at odds with this:

For me, as a witness of an Orb observing me just 200 meters/ 218 yards in front of my feet

218 yards is over 2 American football fields. In many threads here on the forum we discuss the relationship between size, distance and speed (if something is moving) of things like orbs. 200+ yards is a ways out there and I would think increases the possibility that the orb and the sound are not related to each other.

I'd imagine that the mic on a point and shoot camera would have a hard time picking up sound for that far away that was also inaudible to you at the time.

Around that time the sound was "debunked" by a local uap website, explaining it was a pickedup callsign from an Citizens Band Radio amateur @ 27mhz.
The only problem I have with that is a scientific one: please replay it, this has to be recorded somewhere else and prove the match.

Maybe. Sometimes all we have is a number of possible explanations. Trying to recreate an exact situation and get the exact same results can be difficult. We know that CB radios transmit at 27mhz as do some remote-control cars, and that's just possible interference at 27mhz. Even in rural areas, there may be all kinds of RF interference in the air.

If true, this is pretty much the clincher. You're not giving any details, so I am assuming
• the beeps were identified as morse code
• the morse code decodes to a short letter/number sequence
• the sequence matches the call sign of a local radio amateur

This is not something that could accidentally be duplicated by chance. If this is the debunk, it's 99.999% reliable.

If these 3 points above are true, it's all but impossible that this was caused by the orb.
If the "orb" had wanted to beep at you, it'd have done so at a volume that you could hear.

Hi guys,

In answer of both reactions above:

- I've made an distance estimation with Google Maps, and yes, it was around 200 meters and thats around 218 yards. "Right at my feet" is a matter of speech and might be lost in translation.

- Please don't try to connect dots in terms of a logical order of events (time/space/distance/speed etc). Man's brain tries to do this all time (neurological characteristic), but this certain event is an odd happening and please accept what I tell you about it. It may sound od, because it was odd at all. The assumption that this Orb used a bigger beep if it wanted to reach me, is a result of brain trying to connect dots and give things logical explanation. In order of solving odd problems, I'm unsure that this will help finding correct answers.

- That the beeps might be a 27mhz callsign: It's not up to me to reject this, but where's the proof? Where's a second example? It was based on a assumption of someone, and it still is. It's got the status of hypothese, but no solution.

This phenomen came closer from a big distance (as my brain interpreted) and made itself smaller while coming closer until it reached a distance from about 200 meters/218 yards. When I got stressed (I could't understand what was happening and got anxious) it seemed to understand, respect my feelings and dissapeared slowly by fading out. Now that's quite odd, isn't it.

To peel of the problem, I have a sub-question:

1. Maybe there's someone who can resolve what the beeps say, if this is Morse?

For me, as a witness of an Orb observing me just 200 meters/ 218 yards in front of my feet it is of major importance to give a scientific debunk/explanation. Reason is, that the idea that this phenomenon was "communicating" with me, is still giving me the creeps and will turn the world upside down. It is far more satisfying that this is just a simple radio interruption or gust of wind.

So please give it a good shot!

I am pretty certain you cannot be sure about the distance you claim. Actually, it is impossible.

@Yeta
I'm concerned about your repeated use of the word "Orb" as if it referred to a recognized entity. Do you refer to a sphere, a solid object? Or is it a visible light? And what does the phrase "Orb kind-of phenomena" mean? You're not talking to groups of "UFOlogists" in this forum, so we need some definitions. Thanks.

@Yeta
I'm concerned about your repeated use of the word "Orb" as if it referred to a recognized entity. Do you refer to a sphere, a solid object? Or is it a visible light? And what does the phrase "Orb kind-of phenomena" mean? You're not talking to groups of "UFOlogists" in this forum, so we need some definitions. Thanks.
I'm sorry, there's no known definition so playing with words.
I would describe it as a white sphere, orb, or light phenomenon. A non-solid flying entity, flying in a fluttering way and able to fade in and out.
I would rather stay out of the ufology with this, but hard to escape.

My guess would be a nearby AM ham radio station somehow being picked up by your camera microphone's wiring.
The only problem I have with that is a scientific one: please replay it, this has to be recorded somewhere else and prove the match. So till now I consider this theory as a hypothese, not the answer to the problem.

so two people, unprompted, both went with "ham radio". How many other forums over 5 years did you post to and people said "ham radio"? (it does sound like ham radio stuff on youtube..or my neighbor's flagpole)

what is the loud static/wind noise we are hearing?
what storage disk did you record on?
why was it on the roof of your car?

what was your gps location?
how are people supposed to record the same thing if they arent in your exact same location? with your exact same camera?

were you near one of those haunted forests?

I have a couple of issues with the CB interference. The vast majority of CB is amplitude modulation (AM), frequency modulation (FM) or the carrier-less mode single sideband (SSB).

Audio electronics can demodulate (hear the information) of AM quite easily if the signal is strong enough to leak into the circuits - AM only needs rectification by a diode or transistor in an audio amplifier to be heard in, say, the loudspeaker or recorded. SSB - being AM modulation without carrier can also be demodulated like this but the speech sounds highly garbled.

FM does not cause the same problem. Morse code (Carrier Wave or CW) requires another carrier source to beat with inside the electronics to produce an audible tone. The on/off keying could cause an impulse noise (think of static) in the audio though. In ham radio CW is a common mode of transmission.

The signal would have to be pretty strong - i.e. a local source to break into your camera's audio unless there is something at fault with it's electronics - if it has such a fault it might be possible to reproduce the effect close to an AM broadcast tower. And I think you would be hearing interference wherever you are in that case.

1/ Do you know of any radio towers nearby to your recording location?

2/ Were you using an external microphone cable? (This could act as an antenna)

3/ Was your mobile phone near your camera? (Phones have a UHF transmitter which can be heard breaking into audio circuits if there is a suitable path - a high gain preamp and a long lead on the input.)

4/ I though I heard the morse for "DE" which means "my callsign is" but without any tools available right now to help me it is a total guess.

5/ Does your car have a radio aerial on the roof? (Not related to radio pick up by your camera, but it may have been causing mechanical vibrations in the wind given you say the camera was on the car roof).

6/ The first half of the "tones" sound metallic to my ears and the last few sound "glassy".

I appreciate you are saying you experienced an event for which you are seeking further analysis, so good for you. One last thing then I'll shut up :)

If you did not have the orb like experience, do you think you would you have noticed the artefacts in the sound recording?

Thank you.

I have an S110, which I got 10 years ago. Nice little camera.

I tried to get some interference while holding it next to my phone, and my WiFi router, but nothing happened. Best I could do was putting it next to my DJI remote controller, that just give some clicks that sounded nothing like the beeps. But then I noticed some very faint noises that sounded similar to the background warbling.

I'm wondering if it's some internal sounds of the camera, like autofocus or stabilization. Testing long zoom or stabilization gave nothing

Hi guys,

In answer of both reactions above:

- I've made an distance estimation with Google Maps, and yes, it was around 200 meters and thats around 218 yards. "Right at my feet" is a matter of speech and might be lost in translation.

This phenomen came closer from a big distance (as my brain interpreted) and made itself smaller while coming closer until it reached a distance from about 200 meters/218 yards. When I got stressed (I could't understand what was happening and got anxious) it seemed to understand, respect my feelings and dissapeared slowly by fading out. Now that's quite odd, isn't it.
This was at night?

Had you been using the camera just before this?

Was this near a road?

Were there light sources nearby or totally dark?

For me, as a witness of an Orb observing me just 200 meters/ 218 yards in front of my feet it is of major importance to give a scientific debunk/explanation.

Observing you ? Sorry....how does an orb 'observe you' ?

218 yards...654 feet, is almost the exact same distance as to the trees on the other side of the field behind my house. That is actually quite a distance. I'm not clear why you would be concerned or interested in a light over 600 feet away. How do you know ( as you say it was dark ) it wasn't simply someone carrying a torch ? And how do you know the noise you recorded was actually in any way connected with it ?

As for the sounds themselves, I have a similar camera and you can get all manner of odd acoustic effects from wind, and from accidentally holding a finger on or near one of the holes for the stereo microphones.

Here is example audio of mobile phone interference. (Hope I have used the correct way to link externally).

Source: https://youtu.be/BINQNedOxM8?si=pa99Ojo_pjVxSl4j

Cellular phone interference noise. -Sound effect
Content from External Source
That video has no visual content and is purely an audio clip "Sound effects from Soundsnap.com" There is a link in the video's description to enable the downloading of the source file.

Of course it's very strong as a sound effect, but if you imagine a similar signal buried in noise, some of the slower pulsing could sound morse code like.

I'm wondering if it's some internal sounds of the camera, like autofocus or stabilization. Testing long zoom or stabilization gave nothing

That is a good point. I don't know the camera myself, but the zoom/sensor servos could be a source.

Of course it's very strong as a sound effect, but if you imagine a similar signal buried in noise, some of the slower pulsing could sound morse code like.
The fact that it's 1000 Hz makes it unlikely that this is random interference. I believe it is morse audio, sent over AM, if that makes any sense, but decoding it would obviously be final clincher.

A google search for picking up am broadcast with a condenser microphone suggests that this is a common enough occurrence.

- That the beeps might be a 27mhz callsign: It's not up to me to reject this, but where's the proof? Where's a second example? It was based on a assumption of someone, and it still is. It's got the status of hypothese, but no solution.
To reproduce:
• find and contact the radio amateur whose call sign this is. Your local ham radio club may be helpful.
• be in the same place, after dark, in similar weather conditions
• have the CB guy send like he did that night, see if you can pick it up again with your camera

but in my opinion, if it's an identifiable in-area callsign, that's already proof

Last edited:
The fact that it's 1000 Hz makes it unlikely that this is random interference. I believe it is morse audio, sent over AM, if that makes any sense, but decoding it would obviously be final clincher.

A google search for picking up am broadcast with a condenser microphone suggests that this is a common enough occurrence.
Morse code (CW) is not sent over AM, as CW is an unmodulated carrier transmission. There was a mode called MCW which was a tone modulating a carrier (rather than switching the carrier on and off as per CW to form to dits and dahs of morse.), but it was very inefficient in terms of communication - a carrier plus two identical sidebands wasting both power and bandwidth - that it was disused many, many years ago both by amateurs and commercially. The only modern station I can think of which has data modulating an AM carrier is the American time signal WWV (Wikipedia) at Bolder, Colorado.

The trouble with just thinking it is morse is confirmation bias. My fridge makes pulse like interference which could be mistaken as morse. I can inject a carrier into my receiver to make that produce any tone frequency I wish. The frequency of the tone does not really tell us anything about it being random or not.

I don't have access to my lab tools right now (on holiday), but it would be kind of fun to process it to see if any decodable information could be extracted which would, as you say, be the clincher. Unless it says "we come in peace" which takes us down another path :)

Yes, AM interference is a common problem and most professional designs take RF interference into account. Fun fact - there is a known condition called The Rusty Bolt (Wikipedia) problem where strong AM broadcasts can be heard if very close to a high powered transmitter. This happened in a house in the UK which was very close to the BBC's Long Wave transmitter on 198kHz. The story goes that a rusty tap was acting as a diode and demodulating the audio of the 500kW station!

@Yeta have you determined if this is indeed Morse code, and if so, what signal/message was being broadcast?

If the answers to the above questions are no, you should be able to find a local amateur radio group near you that will have someone who can listen to the audio you posted to start this thread. I also did a quick check and found a dozen or more Morse Code "translator" apps available.

Yes, AM interference is a common problem and most professional designs take RF interference into account. Fun fact - there is a known condition called The Rusty Bolt (Wikipedia) problem where strong AM broadcasts can be heard if very close to a high powered transmitter. This happened in a house in the UK which was very close to the BBC's Long Wave transmitter on 198kHz. The story goes that a rusty tap was acting as a diode and demodulating the audio of the 500kW station!
Your BBC story reminded me of this incident soon after the US enterrd WW2, as told by actress Lucille Ball. As the story goes, after receiving a number of temporary dental fillings, they picked up music broadcast from a local radio station as she drove past it. A few nights later they picked up Morse code, which she claimed untimaltely resulted in the FBI arresting Japanese spies.

Here is Ms Ball relating the story to Dick Cavett on his TV show from back in the 1970s.

Source: https://vimeo.com/72473069

Last edited:
Morse code (CW) is not sent over AM, as CW is an unmodulated carrier transmission.
I understand that. I'm not claiming that this is the source of the beeps.

But you can easily modulate the output of a 1000 Hz tone generator and send that audio out via AM. My understanding is that CB is audio bands anyway?
I can inject a carrier into my receiver to make that produce any tone frequency I wish. The frequency of the tone does not really tell us anything about it being random or not.
But that's precisely the point. When it could be any frequency, the fact that it's 1000 Hz (+/- 2% according to the tools I used, but wouldn't be surprised if exact) is significant.

Your BBC story reminded me of this incident soon after the US enterrd WW2, as told by actress Lucille Ball. As the story goes, after receiving a number of temporary dental fillings, they picked up music broadcast from a local radio station as she drove past it. A few nights later they picked up Morse code, which she claimed untimaltely resulted in the FBI arresting Japanese spies.
When I was a child in central Ohio, a station whose tower was visible from my back yard operated at a higher wattage than currently allowed. You could hear and feel it in the wire fencing around farm fields.

If I may put on my "debunking" hat, are @Duke and @Ann K able to give some evidence on these matters? They sound a bit anecdotal to me..
My response to @Dave51c was that Ms Ball's story reminded me of the BBC/rusty tap story he referenced. I made no claim as to whether her story was factual or provable. I've provided the interview where Ms Ball related the story, so you heard it directly from her. Accept or don't accept her story at your discretion, much like we all have to do with the OP's anecdotal story that kicked off this thread.

Wow (also a signal)! Pleased to read a lot of reactions and questions! Now, we're getting somewhere! One of the coming days I'll take time to respond to them all. To pick three easy ones to answer:

First answer is about the mentioned Morse: It's not what I state, I don't have any theory about the possible language. I simply don't know what it is.

Second. The earlier "debunker" who qualified the signal as 27mc callsign was based on a simple whatsapp message. It was a suggestion. No evidence at all.

Third. I was not calling on gsm phone while filming back then. I was fully focussed on the "phenomenon".

My response to @Dave51c was that Ms Ball's story reminded me of the BBC/rusty tap story he referenced. I made no claim as to whether her story was factual or provable. I've provided the interview where Ms Ball related the story, so you heard it directly from her. Accept or don't accept her story at your discretion, much like we all have to do with the OP's anecdotal story that kicked off this thread.
No worries, I was just curious.

If I may put on my "debunking" hat, are @Duke and @Ann K able to give some evidence on these matters? They sound a bit anecdotal to me..
Personal experience. It never occurred to me in the 1940s that someone would demand documentation in 2023. The girl next door (whose father had the farm) and I would go out to the fence to gingerly touch it when they were broadcasting.

When I was a child in central Ohio, a station whose tower was visible from my back yard operated at a higher wattage than currently allowed. You could hear and feel it in the wire fencing around farm fields.
As a teenager my buddies and I hiked up to a microwave tower on a hill overlooking Joshua Tree National Monument. I could hear voices in the wire fence around the tower. Or maybe it was the guy wires. Very odd.

Last edited:
I understand that. I'm not claiming that this is the source of the beeps.

But you can easily modulate the output of a 1000 Hz tone generator and send that audio out via AM. My understanding is that CB is audio bands anyway?
A 1kHz tone can modulate a radio transmitter using amplitude modulation yes. You can key that tone on/off to produce morse code, thus producing MCW. CB radio is nominally 26 to 28Mhz (the upper shortwave bands).
But that's precisely the point. When it could be any frequency, the fact that it's 1000 Hz (+/- 2% according to the tools I used, but wouldn't be surprised if exact) is significant.
That's great. I thought that the frequency was in that ball park.

First answer is about the mentioned Morse: It's not what I state, I don't have any theory about the possible language. I simply don't know what it is.
Understood.
Second. The earlier "debunker" who qualified the signal as 27mc callsign was based on a simple whatsapp message. It was a suggestion. No evidence at all.
Radio interference is a sensible suggestion. We can debate the merits or otherwise of that and ultimately analyse the audio to see if there is any evidence. All good there.
Third. I was not calling on gsm phone while filming back then. I was fully focussed on the "phenomenon".
Good to know. Even if not on an actual call it's worth noting that a mobile phone will "ping" the nearest cell tower periodically anyway to handshake location, switching and signal data.

Thank you for your response.

Back