Apolinar (Paul) Villa UFO Photos, Albuquerque, NM (June 16, 1963)

invisocat

Hello everyone!
New here, been searching info on this specific "prearranged" UFO demonstration from June 16, 1963.
Apolinar (Paul) Villa had several contacts and took photos of different UFOs in the 60's, but I have not been able to find any actual analysis of the UFO in these photographs yet. Would like to see other takes or views on this. Paul claimed this is a "Flying saucer which he estimated to be about 70 feet in diameter.", but from the photos, to me it seems a lot smaller based on how the camera focuses around the shot, and the UFO appears to be sometimess less than 2 feet in diameter where it is captured between the trees.

PHOTOGRAPHS:
255-GS-65-108.jpg255-GS-65-107.jpg255-GS-65-109.jpg255-GS-65-110.jpg255-GS-65-111.jpg255-GS-65-112.jpg255-GS-65-113.jpg

ABOUT:
"Photo taken June 16, 1963. The occupants of the UFO “permitted Villa to take photo’s of their ship which posed and hovered close to the surface between 2 and 4P.M. while he took various shots of the craft framed by the trees in the foreground. He used a Japanese-made Rokuoh-Sha camera with an f4.6, 75mm lens loaded with 120 Kodak film."

ATTEMPT AT DEBUNK:
Apolinar (Paul) Villa, he was a Mechanic, it made me instantly think of car mechanic, having access to various car parts. But I have heard that he worked for the power company in California. Photos being taken in 1963 means that the parts would be pre -1960s at least. To my eyes, it seems to be 2-3 different hubcaps combined to make it look like an UFO. I'm not 100% certain on what make and model caps were used. That's the best explanation I could come up with, and I'm sure the parts listed below is not identical, could have used something else, hammered out any logos, and sanded out any imperfections. I'm not good enough with Photoshop to create a graphic, but my assessment:

Top dome piece:
Baby Moon Hubcap, was pretty common and easily sanded to make it look like Stainless Steel or Brushed Aluminum.
757b42f2c6e0cb6163638924e4acf30f-3748699775.jpg

Top layer:
The dome attached to a 1930's Oldsmobile wheel rim, or similar style 2 piece hubcap system.
001.jpg

The middle layer:
Either they are part of the bottom layer, or attached to the bottom and top layer.

Bottom layer:

This is a flat steel hubcap or a circular pan/plate, I couldn't find any pre-1960's hubcaps that matched this style. You can see in the UFO Photos that this part is slightly larger.
BabyMoonS DSC06231.jpg

SOURCES:
The Black Vault (archived for reference purposes)
"The following photographs are found within the Goddard Space Flight Center, Graphic and Publication Services Branch Collection, within the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA). " - https://www.theblackvault.com/docum...s-collection-for-goddard-space-flight-center/

Paul Villa Photo and Contact Case
"Apolinar (Paul) Villa, a mechanic of Albuquerque, New Mexico, had a unique privilege having pre arranged meetings with Space People for the specific purpose of taking pictures of their craft. They told him they came from the galaxy of Coma Berenices, many light years distance." - http://www.ufoevidence.org/cases/case985.htm

the first thing the pics reminded me of are air filters and chromish looking covers..might be an avenue you can look into?

a bad ex..they all look different but i dont have time now really to look

1708449587271.png

ok im wasting time, i remember one of the old cars on American Pickers ..not a model T but older than the 60s, had like a bubble top on its air filter..even rounder than this..but this might work for the top of the photos too
1708450464095.png

Last edited:
That image looks like it might be amenable to a Photoshop "shake reduction" filter (one of the "sharpen" options, I'm led to believe), or equivalent.
i might have picked a bad pic..was trying to show the "light dome " look on top
another angle...i guess the top could be actually flat. with a screw hoel to bolt in the air filter. :)
1708450675273.png

adding the "alien face" air filter..just because its too darn cute
1708451128407.png

Last edited:
now im really late..someone else can look up this reference
Article:
The first to declare the Villa photos a fraud was Project Blue Book analysis, but since then others have also verified the apparent hoax. Villa died in 1981.
From the front page of the Project Blue Book file for the case, as reproduced in the Internet Archive:

"Photo analysis indicates that the photos are a hoax"

https://archive.org/details/1963-06-8664368-NrAlbuquerque-NewMexico/mode/2up?view=theater
Content from External Source
And on page 11 is a summary of the analysis from which I will quote paragraph 2b:

[...] Photograph #7 shows the UFO at close range with a leafless branch, on the left side of the print, passing behind the object. Two twigs from this branch are readily visible on the right side of the object and in good alignment with the main branch. It does not seem possible that these twigs are from the tree on the right which are further away. Therefore, the object is between the branch and the camera. The object is estimated to be 20 inches in diameter and 7 inches high.

https://archive.org/details/1963-06-8664368-NrAlbuquerque-NewMexico/page/n11/mode/1up?view=theater
Content from External Source
Photo #7 is this one: 1708461422595.png

Photo #7 is this one:
i can see the branch in your photo, but i sharpened it a tad to help others maybe see it. my slider started from the yellw line..i dont really like to manipulate photos becausee i think half of the ufos phots we see wouldnt look like UFOs before the ufo guys start manipulating the photo.

i put a pink line directly above the branch i see on the left and pink arrow where i see it pop out on the right. But the green arrow branch is, to me, also obviously behind the ufo. ?

1708463294115.png

No lines version
1708463361783.png

That's the best explanation I could come up with, and I'm sure the parts listed below is not identical, could have used something else, hammered out any logos, and sanded out any imperfections. I'm not good enough with Photoshop to create a graphic, but my assessment:

He wouldn't even need to hammer out or sand off names or imperfections, just make sure they don't show in the photos. The problem with these old cases is trying to figure out what someone used 50-60 years ago. The models could have been cobbled together from all sorts of random things. Chrome bits for cars and vehicles was big in the '50s and '60s, so lots of possible bits to work with.

Looking at his other photos, I like this wee little landing vehicle:

1708466229614.png

He wouldn't even need to hammer out or sand off names or imperfections, just make sure they don't show in the photos. The problem with these old cases is trying to figure out what someone used 50-60 years ago. The models could have been cobbled together from all sorts of random things. Chrome bits for cars and vehicles was big in the '50s and '60s, so lots of possible bits to work with.

Looking at his other photos, I like this wee little landing vehicle:

1708466229614.png
: ) i liked that one too.

i can see the branch in your photo, but i sharpened it a tad to help others maybe see it. my slider started from the yellw line..i dont really like to manipulate photos becausee i think half of the ufos phots we see wouldnt look like UFOs before the ufo guys start manipulating the photo.

i put a pink line directly above the branch i see on the left and pink arrow where i see it pop out on the right. But the green arrow branch is, to me, also obviously behind the ufo. ?

1708463294115.png
That's a nice catch.
I saw this video and in it, it looks like there's a fishing line attached to it. Would make a lot of sense why the photos are around trees.

The following pictures from 2 different shots seem to have some kind of thing perfectly above it in both shots, about the same distance from the dome:
Screenshot_20240220_185342.pngScreenshot_20240220_185210.png

Then saw in a video something that resembled fishing lines next to it:
Screenshot_20240220_182203.png
VIDEO:
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_huczNgY_I

I'm pretty bad at this, but could analyze the angles and distance from the UFO and the truck? These seem to show that the UFO is the same size no matter what angle he shot the photos from, but where there could be a shadow, it's masked by foliage. Did he hide behind the bushes? Was he unable to find an open space?
Screenshot_20240220_192021.pngScreenshot_20240220_192125.png

After digging a little deeper on his other photos, I had a thought, since he worked for the power company, means he could climb power/telephone poles and just hang these things from the top. All the pictures, he tries really hard to not show the shadows, to a point where he block them with his trucks. And one of them to me look like it's actually casting the shadow on the truck. (different set of photos)paulvilla1.jpgpaulvilla15.jpgpaulvilla14.jpgpaulvilla13.jpgpaulvilla10.JPG

Therefore, the object is between the branch and the camera. The object is estimated to be 20 inches in diameter and 7 inches high.
Micronauts! Very tiny aliens, like the ones who hide your pen/ keys/ comb/ small change when you need them most.

We know it's super easy to fake things with a model on some fishing line, or occasionally throwing things in the air.

It would be great if there was some conclusive evidence they were fake. But is there any evidence they are "real"?

Absent anything beyond the photos, it's essentially just one guy telling a story.

The following pictures from 2 different shots seem to have some kind of thing perfectly above it in both shots, about the same distance from the dome:
i dont know. i dont know enough about what different focal lengths do to real world objects in photos, so im not sure we can just zoom in. although if i do, the dots dont really match location. But mostly im having a hard time believing he would go through the trouble of building such a nice ufo and using a big orange fishing bobber or something to hang it..while sending those photos to the military.
1708536291815.png

The reflections seen on the underside of the UFO in these pics makes them appear like they are very close to the truck's wing mirror, and as @invisocat said above, it appears to be casting a shadow on the truck's front wing.

1708536024082.png

edits: typos

Last edited:
The reflections seen om the underside of the UFO in these pics makes them appear like they are vey close to the truck's wing mirror, and as @invisocat said above, it appears to be casting a shadow on the truck's front wing.

1708536024082.png
so the inside cabin of that truck seems to be 50 inches. does that seem to jive with the Project Blue Book estimate of 20inches? (not reallys sure if its the same ufo model though)

The reflections seen om the underside of the UFO in these pics makes them appear like they are vey close to the truck's wing mirror, and as @invisocat said above, it appears to be casting a shadow on the truck's front wing.

1708536024082.png

In the right side image doesn't the bottom of the UFO show a distinct YELLOW tinge, just like the fender????
And if the shadow on the fender is not the UFO what IS casting it?

In the right side image doesn't the bottom of the UFO show a distinct YELLOW tinge, just like the fender????
Both pictures do (although I'd call it orange, like the truck). And the thing that looks like a reflection of the mirror (that bright spot on the left) appears to be on the inside rim of an empty upside-down bowl.

Back