David Grusch's DOPSR Cleared Statement and IG Complaint

As to Kirkpatrick's statement from his article as linked above...
As of the time of my departure, none, let me repeat, none of the conspiracy-minded “whistleblowers” in the public eye had elected to come to AARO to provide their “evidence” and statement for the record despite numerous invitations.
Content from External Source
...what do you think about Chris Mellon's recent tweet, in which he claims exactly the opposite:

https://twitter.com/ChrisKMellon
Christopher K. Mellon
@ChrisKMellon

I was astonished by one of the central claims made by Dr. Sean Kirkpatrick in his recent article in Scientific American blasting UAP 'conspiracists.' Specifically, his claim that: "As of the time of my departure, none, let me repeat, none of the conspiracy-minded 'whistleblowers' in the public eye had elected to come to AARO to provide their 'evidence' and statement for the record despite numerous invitations."I’m baffled because, in an effort to assist his investigation, I introduced Dr. Kirkpatrick to the former Director of the AATIP program, Lue Elizondo, as well as Dr. Eric Davis and Dr. Hal Putoff. Each of these prominent voices associated with the AATIP program spent hours briefing Dr. Kirkpatrick in a classified setting. None have received any feedback. Hopefully, the pending report to Congress on the alleged UAP recovery program will describe the specific claims made by these and dozens of other witnesses and what AARO did to evaluate them.

Source: https://twitter.com/ChrisKMellon/status/1750294265597428216

everyone, scientist, politician and skeptic wants to confirm or deny his or her own version of the truth.
I'd agree that most everyone wants to see their beliefs confirmed as true -- possible exceptions would be folks who can't even conceive that proof would be required as what they believe is self evidently true just because they believe it, I guess.

Many would want to know they are wrong IF they in fact are wrong. But that seems a less common trait than the former, which is why we still have, e.g., flat earth believers.

...what do you think about Chris Mellon's recent tweet, in which he claims exactly the opposite:
best to wait for Kirkpatrick's reaction, no?

You can see in https://www.metabunk.org/threads/ro...ineering-program-at-area-51.13109/post-307351 what happens when a witness goes on record with AARO, the process apparently does provide for feedback. It is possible that the briefings Mellon alludes to happened off the record, which would make both Mellon's and Kirkpatrick's statements true. It's also possible someone is bending the truth. We'll see.

best to wait for Kirkpatrick's reaction, no?

You can see in https://www.metabunk.org/threads/ro...ineering-program-at-area-51.13109/post-307351 what happens when a witness goes on record with AARO, the process apparently does provide for feedback. It is possible that the briefings Mellon alludes to happened off the record, which would make both Mellon's and Kirkpatrick's statements true. It's also possible someone is bending the truth. We'll see.
That's what I would assume. But it doesn't put Kirkpatrick's statement in a good light. He often seems to limit himself to the fact that formulations can be technically correct - without, however, adequately explaining facts by leaving decisive aspects of the question open.

But it doesn't put Kirkpatrick's statement in a good light.
That would depend on what the facts are, no?

Elizondo either went on record with evidence, or he did not. If he didn't, Kirkpatrick looks good.
If all Elizondo did was give Kirkpatrick advice on how to do his job, then that wouldn't be a "statement", and Mellon would have left decisive aspects off his narrative.

Now ask yourself how likely it is that Elizondo or Puthoff had actual evidence for Kirkpatrick to ignore. (Is Davis even a government employee?)

I'm exactly where you're at now. Why take this Kirkpatrick guy at his word.
I can only imagine two scenarios where I wouldn't take Kirkpatrick, former AARO director, at his word:
• I had something in mind that explained how he was misinformed
• I believed he was lying deliberately, which, sans evidence, would make me a conspiracy theorist

That would depend on what the facts are, no?

Elizondo either went on record with evidence, or he did not. If he didn't, Kirkpatrick looks good.
If all Elizondo did was give Kirkpatrick advice on how to do his job, then that wouldn't be a "statement", and Mellon would have left decisive aspects off his narrative.

Now ask yourself how likely it is that Elizondo or Puthoff had actual evidence for Kirkpatrick to ignore. (Is Davis even a government employee?)
If meetings really did take place, merely off record, then Kirkpatrick's statement contains a selective omission. In this case, this could be unwise because it reveals a loophole that Mellon can now use for his own purposes. Whether he is honest or not. In any case, K. is now once again a man of mystery. It could have been a good reason to show a little appropriate transparency to prevent this situation.
Mind you, I'm not ruling out the possibility that Mellon is betting big on a disinformation campaign here and that he is the one playing with ambiguity.

I can only imagine two scenarios where I wouldn't take Kirkpatrick, former AARO director, at his word:
• I believed he was lying deliberately, which, sans evidence, would make me a conspiracy theorist
Or option C you were a skeptic and asked for evidence. Kirkpatrick is saying no "conspiracy guys" came forward to him. Several people, including Chris Mellon stated that he has sent several people forward. Link below. Someone is lying.

Source: https://twitter.com/ChrisKMellon/status/1750294265597428216?t=FFmz5FgT9kn_0nARlF0UxA&s=19

This sort of thinking occurs in my undergrad students.

It's called the fallacy of opposition. i.e. you cannot do anything but take Kirkpatrick at his word because he is not the oppisition to your view point and he is an opponent to your opponents.

Description: Asserting that those who disagree with you must be wrong and not thinking straight, primarily based on the fact that they are the opposition.

Logical Form:

Person 1 is asserting X.
Person 1 is the opposition.
Therefore, X must be wrong.

That's what I would assume. But it doesn't put Kirkpatrick's statement in a good light. He often seems to limit himself to the fact that formulations can be technically correct - without, however, adequately explaining facts by leaving decisive aspects of the question open.
Not at all. It should be possible for any of the whistle-blowers to prove that they approached AARO. What an incredible thing for someone to lie about.

As I said, I hate the argument from authority that's been used here, that said, I would put more trust in Chris Mellon due to the positions he has held in government.

As of the time of my departure, none, let me repeat, none of the conspiracy-minded “whistleblowers” in the public eye had elected to come to AARO to provide their “evidence” and statement for the record despite numerous invitations.

Christopher K. Mellon
@ChrisKMellon

I was astonished by one of the central claims made by Dr. Sean Kirkpatrick in his recent article in Scientific American blasting UAP 'conspiracists.' Specifically, his claim that: "As of the time of my departure, none, let me repeat, none of the conspiracy-minded 'whistleblowers' in the public eye had elected to come to AARO to provide their 'evidence' and statement for the record despite numerous invitations."I’m baffled because, in an effort to assist his investigation, I introduced Dr. Kirkpatrick to the former Director of the AATIP program, Lue Elizondo, as well as Dr. Eric Davis and Dr. Hal Putoff. Each of these prominent voices associated with the AATIP program spent hours briefing Dr. Kirkpatrick in a classified setting. None have received any feedback. Hopefully, the pending report to Congress on the alleged UAP recovery program will describe the specific claims made by these and dozens of other witnesses and what AARO did to evaluate them.

If he's lying his credibility goes out the window.

Each of these prominent voices associated with the AATIP program spent hours briefing Dr. Kirkpatrick in a classified setting.
If it formally happened, it should have been recorded. Would a FOIA be able to confirm that, even if, because of its very nature, it was majorly redacted?

If it formally happened, it should have been recorded. Would a FOIA be able to confirm that, even if, because of its very nature, it was majorly redacted?
I wouldn't think so as some of these are alleged whistle-blowers so require secrecy.

If he's lying his credibility goes out the window.
Well, yes. This is Mellon's last stand. Compare 6 months ago:
Article:
“I’ve been told that we have recovered technology that did not originate on this Earth, by officials in the Department of Defense and by former intelligence officials,” Mellon said.

So far, government officials have disputed that. In June, Dr. Sean M. Kirkpatrick, director of the All-domain Anomaly Resolution Office, told Congress there is “no credible evidence” of extraterrestrial activity, off-world technology or objects that defy the laws of physics.

Either Mellon's claim is false, or Kirkpatrick's claim is false. This is not new.
And if Kirkpatrick is right, it's not just Mellon who loses credibility.

Well, yes. This is Mellon's last stand. Compare 6 months ago:
Article:
“I’ve been told that we have recovered technology that did not originate on this Earth, by officials in the Department of Defense and by former intelligence officials,” Mellon said.

So far, government officials have disputed that. In June, Dr. Sean M. Kirkpatrick, director of the All-domain Anomaly Resolution Office, told Congress there is “no credible evidence” of extraterrestrial activity, off-world technology or objects that defy the laws of physics.

Either Mellon's claim is false, or Kirkpatrick's claim is false. This is not new.
We agree.

Not at all. It should be possible for any of the whistle-blowers to prove that they approached AARO. What an incredible thing for someone to lie about.

As I said, I hate the argument from authority that's been used here, that said, I would put more trust in Chris Mellon due to the positions he has held in government.
I am not at all using authority arguments or any other rhetorical means. I was just complaning about Kirkpatrick sometimes being ambiguous instead of actively addressing and clarifying implicit points of a question.

Christopher K. Mellon
@ChrisKMellon

Mellon, aside from introducing them, doesn't claim here to have been a party to any conversation Elizondo et al had with Kirkpatrick. His statement therefore rests on unverified assumptions. Did they provide any evidence at all to Kirkpatrick? Or are they merely the "conspiracy-minded whistleblowers" to which he refers? Did they make claims unsupported by evidence to him but decline to make those statements on the record? Mellon doesn't know.

Sorry to repeat myself but this is again why Kirkpatrick should have waited until the report was out to release his statement.

It’s hard to imagine he’d come out with the statement knowing the report is going to contradict it but would have saved us a lot of energy and debate.

100% agree on the closing point re many individuals losing credibility.

Mellon, aside from introducing them, doesn't claim here to have been a party to any conversation Elizondo et al had with Kirkpatrick. His statement therefore rests on unverified assumptions. Did they provide any evidence at all to Kirkpatrick? Or are they merely the "conspiracy-minded whistleblowers" to which he refers? Did they make claims unsupported by evidence to him but decline to make those statements on the record? Mellon doesn't know.
I imagine the individuals he introduced to Kirkpatrick would have given some indication as to what they briefed him on although in my view, it doesn't matter what he does or doesn't know as it's all conjecture and hearsay, which i've long run out of patience for.

The below statement is the most important part;

the pending report to Congress on the alleged UAP recovery program will describe the specific claims made by these and dozens of other witnesses and what AARO did to evaluate them

I imagine the individuals he introduced to Kirkpatrick would have given some indication as to what they briefed him on although in my view, it doesn't matter what he does or doesn't know as it's all conjecture and hearsay, which i've long run out of patience for.

The below statement is the most important part;

the pending report to Congress on the alleged UAP recovery program will describe the specific claims made by these and dozens of other witnesses and what AARO did to evaluate them
You "imagine". I also have run out of patience with conjecture.

"The report will". More claims, more conjecture. Still remarkably short on evidence.

Or option C you were a skeptic and asked for evidence. Kirkpatrick is saying no "conspiracy guys" came forward to him. Several people, including Chris Mellon stated that he has sent several people forward. Link below. Someone is lying.

I think when Kirkpatrick complains about whistleblowers, he's referring to Grusch and some other rumored but anonymous people that have filed actual formal whistleblower complaints. As far as we know none of them have gone to ARRO.

Mellon did NOT refer whistleblowers to ARRO:

I introduced Dr. Kirkpatrick to the former Director of the AATIP program, Lue Elizondo, as well as Dr. Eric Davis and Dr. Hal Putoff. Each of these prominent voices associated with the AATIP program spent hours briefing Dr. Kirkpatrick in a classified setting. None have received any feedback.
He referred 2 old Skinwalker Ranch hacks (sorry about the politeness policy but this is what they are) that have been peddling their stories and playing cloak and dagger about their involvement in captured UFOS for years. From our thread on possible people that might have influenced Grusch:

Harold (Hal) E. Puthoff
. Puthoff has a PhD in electrical engineering specializing in lasers. He’s most well known for experiments in ESP, remote viewing, psychokinesis and other Psy related subjects at the Stanford Research Institute (SRI) in the ‘70s as part of the CIA’s Project Stargate.

He also worked at or had his company EarthTech contract to both NIDS and it’s government paid for follow up at SWR, BAASS.

Puthoff partially endorsed the story of Project Zodiac, about crashed UFO retrievals:

EarthTech and former CIA scientist Hal Puthoff emails former CIA Life Sciences Division analyst Kit Green and his life partner Kristin B Zimmerman about a story published in a UFO magazine by a pseudonym “Greg Halifax” about a UAP crash retrieval personnel member pseudonym “Sedge Masters.”

The story refers to Masters having participated in a UAP crash retrievals group known as “Zodiac ,” of which Puthoff states “we have reason to believe the set of stories are only slightly fictionalized versions of a source’s experiences writing up records for the archives at WPAFB.” Puthoff asks Green if he’s ever heard of Zodiac, “which is supposed to be the true name,” not MJ-12 or Majestic 12.
https://ufos-scientificresearch.blogspot.com/2019/06/an-alleged-2001-national-institute-for.html

Puthoff thought there were secret UFO projects:

Author Nick Cook states Hal Puthoff (eventual AATIP scientist, see 25 March 2022) tells him the “evidence is pretty solid” that there are black budget aerospace programs that contravene white world understanding of the laws of physics. Puthoff states the most likely candidate for exotic propulsion is the perturbation of space-time by understanding the link between electromagnetism and gravity.
https://archive.org/details/huntforzeropoint0000cook/page/114/mode/1up

And he would hint that he knew more than he could talk about (note Alexander):

Hal Puthoff admits to Jacques Vallee in a car that he wouldn’t tell Vallee everything about the secret black UFO program to protect one critical “deep throat” and in case Vallee is ever polygraphed. Puthoff states that the ATP Group in the 1980s, sponsored by BDM Corp. and led by Col John Alexander, was killed because “there was already another project.” Puthoff states it was “deeply black” and “somebody” didn’t want it exposed or duplicated.
https://www.amazon.com/Forbidden-Science-Pacific-Heights-2000-2009/dp/1949501248

Eric W. Davis. Davis has a PhD in astrophysics and works for Puthoff’s EarthTech International and through that has contracted to Bigelow’s NIDS and BAASS .

Davis is the likely author of The Wilson Memo, in which he claims Adml. Thomas Wilson told him about black UFO reverse engineering programs:

EarthTech International employee Dr. Eric Davis, author of several AATIP products years later, allegedly meets with VADM Thomas R. Wilson in a car outside of EG&G Special Projects in Las Vegas. Davis transcribes the interaction where he was told the following:

VADM Wilson found records of a UAP reverse engineering program using technology “not of this Earth,” it was protected by a special agreement between the DOD Special Access Program Oversight Committee (SAPOC)’s Senior Review Group (SRG) and a large defense contractor he would not disclose.
https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/6185702-Eric-Davis-meeting-with-Adm-Wilson

More detail on the memo is found here courtesy @LilWabbit:

Post # 27 The Congressional UAP Hearings Debrief | Metabunk
https://www.metabunk.org/threads/ma...ms-who-has-already-made-similar-claims.13110/

So NOT whistleblowers in the formal sense and NOT in the legal sense. Maybe Puthoff and Davis told AARO about the Alien Autopsy film from the '90s, something else these 2 thought was real.

Elizondo also has never filed a formal whistleblower complaint, so he isn't one legally. He claims to have run the government's UFO program ATTIP, which despite Kirkpatrick using the name, was nothing more than an unfunded UFO club with Elizondo and Stratton.

EDIT: Duke corrected me in a post below about Elizondo filing a whistleblower complaint. He did in 2021, so several years after he had left government. His main complaint was that he was being besmirched:

“What he is saying is there are certain individuals in the Defense Department who in fact were attacking him and lying about him publicly, using the color of authority of their offices to disparage him and discredit him and were interfering in his ability to seek and obtain gainful employment out in the world,” said Daniel Sheehan, Elizondo’s attorney. “And also threatening his security clearance.”

He claims he has since endured a coordinated effort to malign his reputation, including Pentagon press statements asserting he had no official role in UFO research, even after his role was officially confirmed. He also alleges a personal vendetta from a Pentagon rival he claims has sought repeatedly to damage his career, including trying to have him investigated for releasing the video after he had been cleared of any wrongdoing.

Elizondo charges “malicious activities, coordinated disinformation, professional misconduct, whistleblower reprisal and explicit threats perpetrated by certain senior-level Pentagon officials,” according to the complaint, which includes dozens of supporting documents.
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/05/26/ufo-whistleblower-ig-complaint-pentagon-491098

This was almost 3 years ago and seems to center around his being discredited more than UFO cover ups, though that is where the complaint stems from. What ever became of the claim is unknown. I do like the line:

...including Pentagon press statements asserting he had no official role in UFO research, even after his role was officially confirmed.
Which seems to confirm that he was officially confirmed to have been in charge of the unofficial and unfunded UAP program, ATTIP.

One can now really see where this is all coming from. Puthoff, after being discredited at SRI with Uri Geller's spoon bending tricks, floated around the UFO community with Davis and Vallee before ending up at Bigelow's NIDS at SWR in the '90s. When Bigelow started BAASS in 2009 to continue work at SKR with tax payer money, Puthoff and Davis were along for the ride.

Puthoff then founded TTSA (To The Stars Acadamy) with Tom DeLong and brought on Mellon and Elizondo as board members and/or consultants. Puthoff has been feeding Mellon his stories of "Project Zodiac" and other stuff, who in turn seems to have fed it to Grusch. And here we are.

Mellon may have sent people to ARRO, but they were NOT legal whistleblowers EDIT: 2 of the 3 were not. I would argue they were just rumor mongers.

Last edited:
I wouldn't think so as some of these are alleged whistle-blowers so require secrecy.
Some of those "prominant voices", which have already been named, specifically as being present in such briefings, require "secrecy" about whether they were present at such briefings?

Didn't Eric Davis lose credability decades ago? Didn't Hal Puthoff lose credibility decades earlier? (Davis leans heavily on Puthoff fo support his pseudoscience.) Hasn't Lue Elizondo lost all credibility for his repeatedly-proven-false predictions? This "losing credibility" seems to be mostly water off ducks' backs. The people who have put them on pedestals won't be persuaded by logic that they don't belong there.

Elizondo also has never filed a formal whistleblower complaint, so he isn't one legally. He claims to have run the government's UFO program ATTIP, which despite Kirkpatrick using the name, was nothing more than an unfunded UFO club with Elizondo and Stratton.
If you define "formal whistleblower complaint" as one officially seeking redress against a government agency for retributional actions against a current or former employer, then your statement is incorrect.
Lue Elizondo’s inspector general complaint asserts that officials have tried to discredit him since he went public.
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/05/26/ufo-whistleblower-ig-complaint-pentagon-491098

To my knowledge, Elizondo has not chosen to release the findings of/report on this complaint filed nearly three years ago. As with Grusch, one would think a report from the IG supporting his claims would have been made public.

Last edited:
If you define "formal whistleblower complaint" as one officially seeking redress against a government agency for retributional actions against a current or former employer, then your statement is incorrect.

I stand corrected! Thanks Duke, I forgot about that. So, Mellon can claim he sent 1 actual whistleblower to ARRO, assuming that's correct and Elizondo did talk to them. I'll correct my post.

I stand corrected! Thanks Duke, I forgot about that. So, Mellon can claim he sent 1 actual whistleblower to ARRO, assuming that's correct and Elizondo did talk to them. I'll correct my post.
IG complaints have become the weapon of choice against government agencies by employees/former employees seeking public acceptance of their agendas. They know the government can't release IG findings/reports, so they totally control the narrative. Additionally, they also know the cost of filing an IG complaint is, as the old saying goes, that of a postage stamp.

Much tidier and cheaper than messy civil law suits where the proceedings are, for the most part, in the public domain and therefore open to public scrutiny and review. To go a step further, there's nothing prohibiting someone from filing a civil law suit seeking damages and introducing IG findings/reports in evidence. Would sound pretty impressive to a jury to hear a plaintiff's case built around an official government investigation that supported the filer's claims. Wonder why Elizondo hasn't done that?

Last edited:
Well that
Some of those "prominant voices", which have already been named, specifically as being present in such briefings, require "secrecy" about whether they were present at such briefings?
I think they should certainly say something. I'm just doubting a FOIA yield evidence.

This whole topic is headache inducing. I prefer the simpler anti vax stuff (although far more dangerous).

Who? Puthoff and Davis are not whistleblowers. I don't think they have ever been actual US government employees or if they were it was a short period of time. They were mostly contractors to things like Stargate, AASWAP and other similar programs. The "Bio" page for Puthoff's EarthTech company make no mention of he or Davis ever being government employees: https://earthtech.org/team/

As such, they may not even be able to file a whistleblower complaint. And what they think and believe concerning secret UFO programs is readily available in the public domain (It could almost use its own thread).

Again, I think Kirkpatrick is likely referring to Grusch, as there definitely seems to be some animosity between them, as well as the numerous supposed other UFO whistleblowers that remain anonymous. If he did talk to Elizondo, then he errored in saying "no whistleblowers" had come to AARO, just like I did above. That could be because Elizondo's complaint was more about his reputation and has never been released, so maybe just wasn't aware or forgot.

This whole topic is headache inducing.

Not if you do a little digging. Mellon's tweet above really starts to clear thing up and shows us the dots to connect. Mellon claims he sent Puthoff and Davis to AARO. This implies Mellon believes the various claims made by these 2. They have been working with Bigelow and Skinwalker Ranch since the '90s. Puthoff thought Geller was really bending spoons with his mind in the '70s.

We've shown Mellon was almost certainly working with Grusch behind the scenes prior to his going public and back into his UAPTF days where he also worked with Stratton and Travis Taylor. Stratton worked with AASWAP (or AATIP as Kirkpatrick calls it) and spent time at SWR. Puthoff and Davis were contracting to AASWAP at the same time, with Puthoff even pulling out his old Remote Viewing schtick from his Stargate/SRI days.

So, we have Puthoff and Davis working with Stratton and Mellon and Mellon and Stratton working with Grusch, the dots are there to connect. While we don't yet have Grusch directly talking to Puthoff and Davis, though I think that's likely, there is certainly a conduit to him.

Mellon and Grusch were obviously in cahoots, and Mellon thought it a good idea to send Puthoff and Davis to AARO. Yeah, I guess that can make one's head hurt.

And Lacatski help write a book detailing exactly what they were doing. He doesn't use the word "hide" or "misappropriate" but it's hard to read the book and not see that's what was happening.

IG complaints have become the weapon of choice against government agencies by employees/former employees seeking public acceptance of their agendas. They know the government can't release IG findings/reports, so they totally control the narrative. Additionally, they also know the cost of filing an IG complaint is, as the old saying goes, that of a postage stamp.

Much tidier and cheaper than messy civil law suits where the proceedings are, for the most part, in the public domain and therefore open to public scrutiny and review. To go a step further, there's nothing prohibiting someone from filing a civil law suit seeking damages and introducing IG findings/reports in evidence. Would sound pretty impressive to a jury to hear a plaintiff's case built around an official government investigation that supported the filer's claims. Wonder why Elizondo hasn't done that?
IG complaints are also the weapon of last resort for people whose job is in jeopardy. For not doing their job or for being careless with security, but not rising to the level of legal prosecution. There is no penalty for filing one that upon investigation turns out to be nothing, so why not, perhaps management will let you stay on in RIP status (Retired In Place) if you agree to withdraw it.

"They were discriminating against me for being old, or a woman, or being disabled...", that sort of thing. The path of least bother, and lowest cost, can be to let them stay a while longer. It is, unfortunately, a process that is easy to abuse. The world just does not hear about all of the complaints that are only threatened to be filed or that are withdrawn somewhere in the process. There is job security in being known as a "difficult employee" with a long history of filed but unsubstantiated complaints.

Mellon and Elizondo are de-facto whistleblowers, as they leaked the Navy videos that brought Graves to fame.

We've shown Mellon was almost certainly working with Grusch behind the scenes prior to his going public
He just admitted to "advising" him in his media appearances after the Dark Journalist podcast (no idea who they are) claimed that Grusch told them he couldn't come on because he's afraid of angering Melon:

I'm not following all the UFO twitter drama related to this, but it's kind of fun to watch how easy it is for conspiracies to rage out of control and turn on the people pushing them. Now people are saying that Melon is orchestrating this for the CIA.

That said, I'm really starting to think that Grusch might be an unwitting dupe in all this.

Last edited:
Mellon and Elizondo are de-facto whistleblowers, as they leaked the Navy videos that brought Graves to fame.
What was illegal about what was going on in those videos? "Whistleblowser" doesn't mean "leaker", it demands the revelation of something illegal or immoral in that leak.

I think they should certainly say something. I'm just doubting a FOIA yield evidence.

What you think about such matters doesn't really matter.

What's the cost of an FOIA? Very low.
What's the benefit of doing one? Could prove or disprove a disputed argument.
What's the drawback of doing one? None, to a genuine skeptic who cares most about facts.
What's the benefit of not doing one? None.
What's the drawback of not doing one? Disputed arguments remain unresolved.

Game-theoretically, there's a clear dominant strategy in that trivial payoff matrix unless you are firmly attached to a narrative that you do not want to see disproved.

Yet some more of Kirkpatrick saying all this UFO stuff is just a few people and that's likely what the AARO report will conclude (bold by me):

And Kirkpatrick says his investigators ultimately traced this game of top-secret telephone back to fewer than a dozen people.

“It all goes back to the same core set of people,” Kirkpatrick said. This is both deeply weird and richly ironic. Because, for decades, UFO true believers have been telling us there’s a US government conspiracy to hide evidence of aliens. But — if you believe Kirkpatrick — the more mundane truth is that these stories are being pumped up by a group of UFO true believers in and around government.

Sadly, for all the UFO lovers out there, that may be the biggest takeaway from Kirkpatrick’s report to Congress, which is expected to be published later this month. Plenty of outsiders have long speculated about whether the Pentagon’s alien-focused programs were coming up empty and perhaps were suspiciously self-perpetuating.

But now, highly credible people inside the Pentagon — with really high-level security clearances — are finally saying, we looked at every single piece of secret evidence about supposedly alien UFOs. And as far as we can tell, it’s humans all the way down.
https://edition.cnn.com/2024/01/26/opinions/ufos-actual-truth-bergen-german/index.html

From a CNN opinion piece that is in turn from a podcast. So, Kirkpatrick is doing the UFOlogical thing and making the media rounds prior to his report coming out and teasing about what it'll say. Podcast here:
Source: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/is-the-pentagon-really-hiding-crashed-alien-spaceships/id1685702585?i=1000642602121

EDIT: fixed links.

Last edited:
Of course this will change nothing, except that Kirkpatrick is now part of the cover up.
That will be the case with those who Want To Believe, but it might do some good with the Interested But Not Committed folks. One can hope.

Yes, I have should have elaborated. Recently when UFOs came up in the media the famous videos or $25 meelion “secret project” would be the default headline, hopefully Kirkpatrick’s comments will replace those.

Back