Expulsion of Compressed Air and Debris from Collapsing Buildings

There isn't much to see at 1min 29sec but later the video shows that there are jets of dust being ejected some floors below the destruction wave. But there are never more than one or two and, given that the tower is already collapsing when they occur, I think it's safe to assume they're a consequence of some vagary of the building's construction - a weak ceiling collapsing on that floor as the building shook, maybe. Or perhaps a heavy object falling through from one floor to another.
I would add to that idea something that would be a totally expected consequence of the presence of stairwells and ventilation equipment. As to the stairwells, pressurized air from a currently-collapsing floor would naturally enter a stairwell at its interface with that floor, and this process would continue as successive floors collapsed. Compressed air pushed into the stairwell would naturally make its way to lower floors, since any substantial pressure increase in the stairway would simply blow open the stairwell doors on lower floors (stairwell doors normally do not latch, and they open only outward, away from the stairwell). The same would apply to ventilation structures, but without having one-way doors to push open. You would expect that if the effect of this sort of thing became visible at all, it would be more apparent near the end of the collapse, because there'd be less reserve volume for the air to be driven into within the floors below near the end of the event than near the beginning. To me, the bottom line here is that there's nothing about a few squibs popping out from weak points on lower floors that strikes me as being unexpected, from a physics standpoint.

Last edited:
I would add to that idea something that would be a totally expected consequence of the presence of stairwells and ventilation equipment. As to the stairwells, pressurized air from a currently-collapsing floor would naturally enter a stairwell at its interface with that floor, and this process would continue as successive floors collapsed. Compressed air pushed into the stairwell would naturally make its way to lower floors, since any substantial pressure increase in the stairway would simply blow open the stairwell doors on lower floors (stairwell doors normally do not latch, and they open only outward, away from the stairwell). The same would apply to ventilation structures, but without having one-way doors to push open. You would expect that if the effect of this sort of thing became visible at all, it would be more apparent near the end of the collapse, because there'd be less reserve volume for the air to be driven into within the floors below near the end of the event than near the beginning. To me, the bottom line here is that there's nothing about a few squibs popping out from weak points on lower floors that strikes me as being unexpected, from a physics standpoint.

It makes more sense to me.... that the pressure build up and subsequent release we see as the puffed ejections are related to the elevator shafts. Stairwells have ventilation openings/shafts and lots of doors... though most would open in and not be easily blown out.

All the elevator shafts are terminated at a pit... the shafts contain multiple elevators. It seems more likely to me that some slabs above the shafts may have been released-broken free and began to plunge down into the shaft acting like a piston... compressing the air in the shaft. The weakest place opened up and the pressurized air escaped.... probably elevator doors. Or maybe HVAC riser shafts?

Maybe... but why would they force elevators open? To remove people stuck in the cab? Were there reports of this on those upper floors?

The puff that you suspect to be a broken window is a possibility. Elevator shaft is much less relevant, as the puff here comes below the sky lobby, which is where the elevator shafts for each of the three sections ended.

I am pretty sure that there might have been other channels for air to pass. Stairwells, perhaps? I am pretty sure that here were ways to get out, and if the elevator shafts "ended" you weren't just stuck there. There were elevator shafts that stretched the entire length. The doors could have been open or blown off. Maybe the elevators were at the floor just below and when the air blast hit the elevator, it evacuated out of the floor above. Do we know where each elevator was at the time of collapse? I know that some hit the ground floor, but were they all accounted for? Just a piece of a theory...

It makes more sense to me.... that the pressure build up and subsequent release we see as the puffed ejections are related to the elevator shafts. Stairwells have ventilation openings/shafts and lots of doors... though most would open in and not be easily blown out.
I think you are right about the direction that the doors open. I'm not sure why I momentarily pictured the opposite. In any case, we both agree that there are passageways between floors, and air that's compressed on any particular floor has no reason not to flow toward the floors below.

Verinage is controlled demolition. Precisely placed rams or chains simultaneously pulling away the support of pre-weakened columns, and always in the centre of the building.

So what you're saying is it's like a controlled demolition.

Wrong way round - what he's saying is that controlled demolition uses the weight and speed of falling structure to demolish a building without needing anything else once movement has started.

Remember:

There is, to date, not a single reason to believe the Plasco collapsed due to something other than fire-induced damage.

The most reasonable reading of any puffs of smoke, whether near or far from the collapse front, ist that those are incidental to a fire-induced collapse, and thus a-priori possible in any other fire-induced collapse. This would include, by way of example, the WTC twin towers.

Conversely, this debunks the old AE911Truth fairy tale that these puffs can only be explained as an effect of explosive demolition charges.

To reverse this logic, Truthers would have to present actual evidence that explosive charges went off.
There is plenty of evidence that none went off - the most obvious being the clear absence of any "bang" sounds consistent in timing, loudness, number and brisance with explosive CD charges.
In particular, the puffs of smoke are ominously unaccompanied by any bang-sounds.

Another example

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42B34bYwFBM

https://france3-regions.francetvinf...nt-immeuble-charleville-mezieres-1571088.html
A small building collapsed shortly after 7PM, at No. 19 rue Bourbon in Charleville-Mezieres (formerly Leonidas shop). No casualties were reported.
Posted on 07 Nov 18 at 19:34.
Content from External Source
Here's the video focussing just on the expulsion of air

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCRmLRMncxk

Given that this is such a fundamental part of the 9/11 Controlled Demolition mythology, I think it probably would be a good subject for some more detailed investigation and explanation. Something along the same lines as the microspheres investigation.

Looking at existing Truther literature on the topic, theres this older AE911 post:

http://www1.ae911truth.org/news-section/41-articles/585-faq-8-squibs

Q: What caused the "squibs"? Could they have been just puffs of dust being pushed out of the Towers by falling floors? Are they visual evidence of explosive charges?

A: The isolated ejections 20-60 stories below the demolition front appear to be composed of pulverized building materials, including concrete. There was no known mechanism by which pulverized building materials being created up at the zone of destruction could have been transported so far down through the building and to the exterior. Air conditioning vents would not have tolerated such pressures, and there was no other "channel" in the building to deliver “compressed air”.

There is no reason, on the “dust puff” theory, for such blasts to be as isolated as they were. Massive air pressure which would delivered by the (missing) “pile driver” down through the elevator hoist ways and out through a given floor would have broken most or all windows on that floor – not created the highly focalized pin-point ejections that are seen on the videos. The breakage of one or two windows on a given floor would not have relieved enough pressure across an entire floor area to prevent the breakage of many other windows nearby.

Another problem with the “dust puff” theory is that the pulverized building materials would not have been transported so quickly. Air would have been pushed ahead of such materials, resulting in transparent puffs of air flowing through the freshly broken windows.

This newer AE911 page:
https://www.ae911truth.org/evidence/explosive-features

Demolition Squibs
Along with the pulverization, dismemberment, and explosive ejection of the buildings’ materials, we observed what Kevin Ryan describes as “high velocity bursts of debris ejected from point-like sources.”6 According to Ryan, “[T]he demolition hypothesis suggests that these bursts of debris are the result of the detonation of explosive charges (squibs), placed at key points in the structure to facilitate the removal of resistance.” Ryan goes on to describe these apparent squibs in more detail:

“In the videos we can see these bursts being ejected from the sides of the towers nearly 30 floors below the collapse front....

“Each of these was a sharp emission that appeared to come from a point-like source, ejecting approximately 50 to 100 feet from the side of the building in a fraction of a second. From the extracted frames of the KTLA video,16 we can estimate that one of the bursts was fully ejected in approximately .45 seconds. This gives an average burst velocity of approximately 170 feet per second.”

NIST’s explanation for these high-velocity bursts of debris is provided not in its final report, but in its FAQs, where it calls them “puffs of smoke” and says, “[T]he falling mass of the building compressed the air ahead of it — much like the action of a piston — forcing smoke and debris out the windows as the stories below failed sequentially.”7

Kevin Ryan offers several arguments for why NIST’s explanation is not valid:

• The floors were not the kind of tightly sealed, highly pressurized containers that would be required to generate overpressures strong enough to burst windows.
  • The falling mass would need to act as a flat plate exerting uniform pressure at all points. But the falling upper sections, themselves disintegrating as observed in the videos, could not exert uniform pressure.
  • Even if perfect containers and uniform pressure are assumed, using the Ideal Gas Law to calculate the change in pressure, we can determine that the air pressure would not increase enough to burst windows.
  • The bursts contained pulverized debris, not smoke and dust. Yet building materials 20 to 30 stories below the collapse zone could not be pulverized and ejected laterally by air pressure.
Which references this Kevin Ryan article:
https://www.ae911truth.org/evidence...ris-from-point-like-sources-in-the-wtc-towers
http://www.journalof911studies.com/volume/2007/Ryan_HVBD.pdf

In which he engages in a lot of assertive reasoning. But perhaps key is:
In the hypothetical scenario that the entire lower section was one enclosed volume, we can estimate the change in pressure as the building fell by using the Ideal Gas Law. Note that there is no need to obfuscate the point with differential equations or an elaborate 5 mathematical model, as the evidence is quite simple and the proof requires, at most, a few simple ideas.

PV = nRT
where P = pressure, V = volume​

Considering that R is a constant, if we assume that no gas escaped (n constant) and temperature (T) changes were negligible, we see from the equation above that P and V are close to being inversely proportional. That is, the pressure within the lower section of the building would increase in proportion to the decrease in remaining volume. So if the upper section dropped ten stories, from floor 90 to floor 80 as was the case for the north tower (WTC 1), the volume of the lower section would have decreased from V to 8/9 V, and the pressure would have increased from P to 9/8 P. This small increase in pressure would not likely have caused windows to burst in a building designed for hurricane winds. But if no gas escaped as the building continued to fall another 70 stories (again, highly unlikely), the pressure would have increased to 9 times the original pressure. This would be 9 times normal atmospheric pressure, or about 132 psi, which might very well break a few windows. But again, the evidence shows bursts of debris coming from very high floors of the building, not just at the lowest levels.
132 psi is a lot. The WTC windows were mostly narrow, just 18 inches wide by 86 inches high, so 1548 square inches. So 132 psi would create over 200,000 pounds of pressure pushing against the window. It seems like far less than that would be required, and vastly less if the window was already damaged.

But Ryan's point is that high pressures could not have been achieved because A) the falling mass was not a flat surface, and B) the space it was falling into had holes (like stairwells and lift shafts) where the air would have escaped.

Like many conspiracy theories, this bit of evidence survives because of a lack of understanding of the issues of scale. Besides the common square/cube misconception, a big point is that air molecules are of fixed size, and of limited velocity. It takes time for air pressure to move from one spot to another, especially through limited openings.

Anyway, investigating and explaining these puffs will probably take quite a while, but I think it's worth doing, as it's just a cornerstone of the CD theory.

Source: https://youtu.be/IxTSKzQIsEs?t=141

This video posted earlier is useful in identifying the most puzzling expulsions. There's one on the 35th floor of the South Tower that seemingly have been powered by air pressure (and debris) going down the elevator shafts. I suspect it also is a window that is broken by debris, and not simply air pressure.
Metabunk 2018-11-08 12-40-17.jpg

If we are to explain all the expulsions, then we might as well start with this one.

So a useful thing to determine would be if the window was broken before the expulsion. This is the South face of the South Tower. The same face that was hit by the plane. The window is about here:
Metabunk 2018-11-08 12-48-44.jpg

Metabunk 2018-11-08 12-49-05.jpg

It seems plausible that IF the window was broken earlier, then this would show up in photos.

Of course it's also possible that it was broken just before the expulsion, by relatively small bits of bouncing debris from the inside.

then this would show up in photos.
the SH hook windows don't show up in photos from across the parking lot. I think unless you find closeup shot, the chances of seeing a broken or cracked window are going to be slim at best. and if your'e zoomed in that close, then will we know where exactly on the building it is?

the SH hook windows don't show up in photos from across the parking lot. I think unless you find closeup shot, the chances of seeing a broken or cracked window are going to be slim at best. and if your'e zoomed in that close, then will we know where exactly on the building it is?

My hope is that there would be large photo of sufficiently high resolution somewhere.

From the same video at 27:40 the elevator operator describes how after the plane impacts some elevators fell, and some blasted their doors off.

Source: https://youtu.be/Yo1WZ9g1IJ4

operator Kelly Badillo was in the North
27:39
Tower when the first plane hit I think
27:44
one of the elevators the lower ones I
27:47
think are the cables broke or something
27:49
because they are they just came flying
27:52
out boom you could hear him you can hear
27:56
all the elevators and then you could
27:57
hear the wind, Shh like a wind tunnel but
28:01
a lot of the elevators came crashing down
28:04
doors flying right open, boom, hitting the
28:07
other side of the wall and everything
Which might have led to some broken windows.

Which might have led to some broken windows.
Is it possible that the windows were broken by people? I know that it is pretty low, and probably wouldn't show much on the floor for need to break a window, but I wasn't in there to speak to the need in the situation. Maybe there was some smoke, and a person broke it to vent the floor a little. Maybe the stairs were jammed on the way down, and someone was looking fro an alternative way out. Either way, these squibs do not look like sudden puffs from explosions, but more like streams of puffed air. I can't believe that this theory is still alive.

Back