Jaime Mausssan Presents: Claimed UFO over Tehran

JMartJr

Senior Member.
I have seen some discussion of this video starting to make the rounds:

Source: https://youtu.be/TgUfmsIcXBI

I do not speak Spanish, so there are likely points to the claim that I am missing. But it is claimed to be an amazing video of a UFO over Tehran, Iran. This being Sr. Maussan, I was skeptical it was even in Tehran, but at around the two minute mark a lady sees the UFO while petting a cat, and a tower that seems to match Milad Tower in Tehran is in the near background.
milad-tower-tehran-iran.jpg
So at least some of the footage seems to be from Tehran.

At around 1 minute there appears to be discussion of "whooshing" sounds the UFO makes as it flies past, which has led some online discussion to speculate that it might be a drone, or a light display hoisted by a drone.

It may be significant that the UFO is not completely consistent in appearance through what are claimed to be several sightings.
maussan 1.JPG
maussan 2.JPG
maussan 3.JPG
The most obvious inconsistency does not show up in captures stills -- sometimes it is flashing off and on, sometimes it is just solidly on throughout. Other issues, such as the dark band around the perimeter that is sometimes visible, or the "look" of the inner lights inside the ring of brighter lights around the edge, may just be due to different cameras and distances, and so may not mean anything. But I note them,. for what it's worth...

Looks like "drone" is a likely explanation, but maybe somebody sees something I don't. I have not found a matching drone yet, but of course it may be just a quadcopter with a homemade light display.

My 1st impression is that is CGI and I want to see original video files from devices with metadata.

If that were real and over a modern city like Tehran there would be hundreds of phone and security videos, it would be undeniable.

My 1st impression is that is CGI and I want to see original video files from devices with metadata.

If that were real and over a modern city like Tehran there would be hundreds of phone and security videos, it would be undeniable.
That was my first thought too. The pincushion distortion seemed incongruous between buildings and craft. Most of the time I also had the suspicion that they were deliberately avoiding any occlusion of the craft, to simplify the compositing, but just at the very end part of the tower is in the way for a couple of frames.

And yes, of course this would have been seen by thousands of people, all of whom have mobile phones - everyone would have wanted to be the first to vlog about this. And such footage would contain all the other people trying to get their footage too. So even the story surrounding it - it happened, almost no-one noticed - seems like a pure fiction.

And the framing was pure this:

Source: http://youtube.com/watch?v=KJh0pDMnL8M

Maybe it's just me, but I feel during the first video the UFO shrinks way too fast for how far away it's getting.

This is just my gut, and I don't have the knowledge to prove it, but it looks like CGI where they shrink the object to make it look like it's getting away and that shrinkage doesn't match the scale of the environment.

It's all over TikTok, but tracking down the original is fiddly.
Reverse image search shows two YouTube vides, the first one looking clean. Both have been removed.

2024-06-03_10-28-51.jpg

The Farsi text

مشاهده سفینه فضایی آسمان تهران
عجیب و باور نکردنی -- ...
[/ev]
translates to
"Seeing a spaceship in the sky of Tehran
Strange and unbelievable..."

The reddit thread has no real details, but has a reasonable quality image that does not seem to be in the compilation video they leak.

All seem like a regular old fake
Content from External Source

Has the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps claimed to have shot this down yet? I would expect they have more than a few radars and people scanning the skies for American or Israeli spy planes, drones, missiles, whatever. Not to mention all of the citizens who sleep on the rooftops in the summer because of the heat (or has air conditioning ended that habit?). If there are less than a hundred different videos of this flying by it did not happen.

If there are less than a hundred different videos of this flying by it did not happen.
Fair point... although a hoax done by a small drone would still likely work. IF that were the explanation, if it were just launched for a few seconds for a shot, then landed and taken to the next location, it would be low, small and only flying for short periods. In that case there not bring much other video would seem likely.

Heavily lighted object traveling closely over a darker building.. I would expect a bit of green shine visible.

And possibly reflection the in roof of the white car.
Also in the wet surfaces in the cat-petting segment. At this point I'm willing to abandon the Drone Hypothesis, and for the same reason the "It's Really A UFO/OVNI" hypothesis. Seems more likely an effects package was used to add the UFO. (I might lean towards reflection in a window from a light behind the camera, but doesn't seem to be a window in the Cat Petting segment...)

The Lazyology Principle suggest that a stock effects element from some package would likely be used, rather than going to the effort to make one from scratch. Off to see if I can find it...

Back