Man who claims to "summon ufos" appears on news channel:

SharpEye

This is a pretty old case, from around 2005 I believe. A man who went by "prophet Yahweh" reportedly claimed to have the ability to summon ufos. He has made predictions in the past that a swarm of ufos would appear in Las Vegas (which obviously never happened), but in this particular case, a local ABC news team, choosing the time and place, invited him on the show to demonstrate his "power". Much to the suprise of the news team, something did appear in the sky.

Link to original video:

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAXTR7AT94s&t=149s

What do you guys make of this? I think the first object that appears is very much a white balloon, based on its movement. However, the second object is what gives me trouble (starting around 2:30), since it seems to travel through the clouds and ascend vertically at a seemingly fast speed (based on its distance). I've thought about another balloon or a bird, but the movement doesn't seem to match what we see. My explanation is either a drone, RC Jet, or perhaps some editing. The news guy and the "prophet" were near a military base, so that's something to keep in mind.

I suppose it’s due to the movement of the object in the second half of the vid, as well as the high speed of the object despite the high altitude. I’m not exactly sure how high it is, but it seems to be passing through the clouds. It also seems to moving vertically, though I suppose that could be a trick of perspective.

Yeah that makes sense, the only other thing I suppose is how it seems to travel through the clouds when it come back, which suggests a high altitude and a high speed for a balloon. Another thing is that the balloon seems to be going in the other direction when it comes back then it was going before. Could it simply be a changes in wind direction?

Sometimes things appear to travel betrween the clouds when in fact they are just not visible against the denser cloud background

Wasn't this that case where mr. yahweh had some help by others that used balloons? And that he was paid by the news outlet? It is very hard to find.. I cannot link to anything sensible..

Wasn't this that case where mr. yahweh had some help by others that used balloons? And that he was paid by the news outlet? It is very hard to find.. I cannot link to anything sensible..
I did see a picture of a man who had a similar appearance, tho I couldn’t confirm if it was him

Sometimes things appear to travel betrween the clouds when in fact they are just not visible against the denser cloud background
The def makes sense, tho I’m still a little confused as to why it didn’t show up in the sky first before floating through the clouds starting around 2:30 in the video. I suppose it could’ve been cast in shadow before becoming reflective.

I was wondering how this would have been pulled off, certainly finding out those were balloons wouldn't be a surprise. They look like balloons. Lot of moving parts in a hoax like this, however.

Once a time/date/location for the interview (regardless of who set it up) was agreed upon, assuming the prophet's accomplices had time to procure/set up balloons for launch, the hoax would be at the mercy of the winds aloft. Wind speeds and/or directions change as altitude varies. And yes, winds aloft data is obtainable from NOAA and aviation weather sources, but the hoaxers would have to know an untethered balloon would be at a specific altitude to ensure its wind directed flight path and speed would put in a position to be visible by and within camera range of the news crew at the prearranged time/location. A few hundred feet of altitude either way could send the balloon is the wrong direction or throw off its required arrival time.

Assuming a hoax and the phophet considered such variables beyond his control, one would expect him to have had a "why they didn’t show up" story in his hip pocket. Think Uri Geller and his "I didn't feel strong" failed appearance on the "Tonight Show" back in the early 70s. That excuse might have been more entertaining than the objects appearing. Or would the station have even run the segment had our space brothers been a no show?

In addition to a source on the use of balloons by the phophet and his accomplices, I'd also like to see more about the station's role in the story. Paid the guy to appear? Not a big deal to me, news organizations have been known to pay for "exclusives," probably even silly ones. I'm more interested in knowing if the station was complicit in a hoax, even if unwittingly. I'm also curious if Las Vegas UFO guru/award winning investigative journalist George Knapp ever interviewed the phophet? You'd think the Knappster would have been all over this character.

Last edited:
Apparently he died in 2014:
https://revengerists.fandom.com/wiki/Prophet_Yahweh#2005_media_coverage

JREF Challenge​

In June 2005, Yahweh applied to James Randi's Million Dollar Challenge, and was set to undertake their challenge to prove his ability to summon UFOs in January 2006. However, in December 2005, the JREF suddenly and bizarrely withdrew from the challenge, due to disagreements over requirements proposed by Yahweh, particularly his request that armed security be present.

The Ascent​

Yahweh left his physical form in August of 2014 to travel to Yahweh, far across the stars.

He had just recieved pilot funding for a 7-show series by the BBC. According to the Clark County Corner's report, Prophet Yahweh succumbed to a heart attack while asleep during the late morning hours. His memorial & last prayer was that he be cremated and his ashes spread where he was blessed by The Most Wonderful & Holy Yahweh; an actual Spacecraft atop of the Angeles National Forest near the first paved parking lot recreation area just off California State Hwy 2. [Grassy Hollow Center]

He was born "Ramon Watkins", and seemed to have been mainly interested in publicity, according to this:

He claimed to have been abandoned by all of the media in Las Vegas, resulting in the UFOs not coming during the 45 days he had prophesied:

The spaceship would never have appeared if I was not filmed calling it down. This is what the space beings wanted. They wanted me captured on film with their spaceship so everyone would know that these beings have chosen me to speak for them and no other person. The space beings kept their end of the bargain by sending a real UFO, on my signal, that was documented. But, Las Vegas media refused to film me calling down the spaceship. That's why it never happened.
Content from External Source
https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Proph...0UFOs%20using%20passages%20from%20the%20Bible.

JREF suddenly and bizarrely withdrew from the challenge, due to disagreements over requirements proposed by Yahweh, particularly his request that armed security be present.

I'm not sure if "suddenly and bizarrely" is the right description if Yahweh was requiring armed guards. If Yahweh wanted armed guards, he could bring his own.

More importantly, Yahweh claims he did in fact bring UFOs to Vegas, but it was the fault of the Las Vegas media that the UFO did not show themselves:

“”The spaceship would never have appeared if I was not filmed calling it down. This is what the space beings wanted. They wanted me captured on film with their spaceship so everyone would know that these beings have chosen me to speak for them and no other person. The space beings kept their end of the bargain by sending a real UFO, on my signal, that was documented. But, Las Vegas media refused to film me calling down the spaceship. That's why it never happened."
Content from External Source

It seems he needed to be the center of attention, otherwise nothing happens. And nothing happened.

I think after thinking about for a few days the object was definitely a balloon, as it appears to “bob” and wobble like a balloon for the two times it appeared. However, I’m having trouble explaining why it wasn’t visible behind the blue sky before becoming visible in the clouds. Anyone have any ideas as to why?

JREF Challenge​

In June 2005, Yahweh applied to James Randi's Million Dollar Challenge, and was set to undertake their challenge to prove his ability to summon UFOs in January 2006. However, in December 2005, the JREF suddenly and bizarrely withdrew from the challenge, due to disagreements over requirements proposed by Yahweh, particularly his request that armed security be present.
That sounds disingenuous. GIven that an armed guard wouldn't have been a pre-agreed part of the test protocol, by making it necessary he has changed the conditions of the test. It is he who was unwilling to demonstrate his ability to perform the agreed-upon test. As someone who's designed proof protocols, one thing you learn is that you never let people change any part of it after agreement, no matter how irrelevant it may seem. So this isn't necessarily anything anti-gun, it's just how rigorous testing is done. Can I bring my emotional support kiwi Kiwikins, she's heavily incubating presently, and I don't want to leave her? No, you may not.

I'm not sure if "suddenly and bizarrely" is the right description if Yahweh was requiring armed guards. If Yahweh wanted armed guards, he could bring his own.
Was it the JREF who was supposed to provide them, or did "Yahweh" want to bring his own? I can understand the JREF being nervous if the cult leader wanted armed cultists to attend the experiment.

Was it the JREF who was supposed to provide them, or did "Yahweh" want to bring his own? I can understand the JREF being nervous if the cult leader wanted armed cultists to attend the experiment.
I have no idea. The source from Todd above (#11) didn't seem the most authoritative:

He seemed to be a self-aggrandizing publicity hound who may have also been looking for some more cult members. Make outlandish claims, have the media eat it up then blame the media when nothing happens. Repeat. Just speculating, but I could see him going to the JREF for publicity if nothing else. Having engaged with them, I could see Yahweh then changing the challenge around to meet his needs and desire for a public spectacle. Like asking for or being allowed to provide armed guards. Even if the JREF agreed to provide off duty LVPD or Clark county Sheriffs, not uncommon, I'm sure Yahweh would have to pay for them. More likely, he wanted an entourage of his own bodyguards, probably uniformed some way and heavily armed. Makes for good TV.

Back