UAPs / Flares in Manitoba

Eburacum

Senior Member.
Here is an interesting video from Manitoba. Almost certainly flares, but it would be nice to confirm that.
https://in.mashable.com/science/781...ed-after-spotting-mysterious-lights-in-canada

A couple in Canada have been left puzzled after spotting pulsating lights ‘as bright as the sun’ hovering above a river.
Justin Stevenson, 49, said he ‘felt like he was in a sci-fi movie’ after he and his partner Danielle, 32, spotted the strange phenomenon while driving alongside a road near the Winnipeg River in the Canadian province of Manitoba.
The sighting reportedly took place last month, and prompted the couple to stop their car to get a better look at the strange anomalies, which looked like two suns.
Justin can be heard wondering what the weird lights were, before questioning if it might be extra-terrestrial in nature.
On video he said: ‘I think we’re seeing some aliens, for real.’
But could it be a UFO?
The couple then see another set of bright objects appear in the sky, near the original pair and liken it to a fire.

At one point the two initial objects seem to move very rapidly rightwards, but I think this is because the photographer is walking rightwards quite quickly, and this makes objects in the foreground move leftwards.

By comparing frames before and after this movement, you can see that the foreground has changed, but the clouds in the sky have not changed.flares.png

Note as well that the flares have dropped downwards, suggesting that these are parachute flares.
Later in the video you can see a nearby plane, with white, red and green lights, and then another two flares appear somewhat higher up.

-----
I don't know how to confirm that a flare drop exercise was occurring on that day, especially since the exact date and location is not given. Sometime before Jun 28, 2024, on the Winnepeg River.

Back