Welcome Thread - New Members Post Here

Hi, I’m JayC. I found this site after reading Mick’s book. I have an in-law that believes in conspiracy theories and often talks about them.

I’m hoping to find some info and support on working with this stuff.

Oh man, first thing I do as soon as I register, I prematurely pull the trigger on a new Thread without even checking for this stickied one, :confused: but was interested as soon as I somehow came to see this site, so I registered. Pretty cool Mick ya use your real name & image on here (or not, who knows really) - I was taught first rule of the internet is doxing yourself that's a no-no online since you don't know who the strangers are that are gonna be browsing that find you. It does add massive credibility so respect. Happy to be here :p

Thought id drop in and say hello and a little about me,Im the owner of Paranormal world forum,and many say I live in true life Horror,im a 5th generation sensitive,my family started our family business in the late 20s doing exorcisms for the local churches here in the south and later on started checking out houses and residences by request and I joined my grandfather in the early 70s and finally gave our Paranormal team a name,Gaston county paranormal investigations,so much has happened to me and my family that we have all touched bases on each corner of the Paranormal,ive died twice,once when I was 4 and in 2002,the one in 2002 I had a OBE and saw the otherside,like I said tons has happened to me and my family that I could go on and on for hours.The forum looks interesting so let me go check things out!!

Hi, everyone. I joined awhile ago because truth is important to me and crazy theories abound and need to be exposed. Been busy elsewhere and just rediscovered this informative and most interesting site. I am 76 years old, female, intensely curious, & love learning. Majored in anthropology/archaeology and find it fascinating. Don’t know if I will be able to debunk anything, but enjoy reading the threads and sharing the info. Thanks for a great and necessary endeavor.

Welcome.
This site can certainly be a "read only" forum.
That does not mean there is only one viewpoint (here) on any certain topic.
There are many ideas debated here, and the few rules are.... be polite, and back-up your ideas with reasonable evidence.
That's not too much to ask, I think.

Thanks for having me. I have a couple of friends who believe in Chemtrails and I'm looking for information to the contrary.

New members are encouraged to read the Posting Guidelines.

Welcome to Metabunk. There is a Contrails and Chemtrails section that is focused on examining claims of evidence, many claims keep making the rounds despite the fact that they have been shown to be false or misleading at best.

Capture.JPG

There is a scene in the movie My Cousin Vinny, where Vincent Gambini is explaining how a claim of evidence can at a first seem substantial, but upon closer examination it is revealed to be an illusion of evidence.

Hello! Long time lurker and finally decided to create an account. The work that goes on here has always amazed and impressed me and I hope that I can make valuable contributions here!

This thread is for any first time poster to (optionally) post an introductory "hi everyone" post, which will also get you "verified" (meaning you can post without anti-spam restrictions) once it has been approved.

A few words on who you are and how you ended up here would be appreciated. Or just say hi!
upload_2013-11-7_15-17-0.png

It's highly recommended that you first read the Posting Guidelines:
https://www.metabunk.org/threads/posting-guidelines.2064/
Hi, just want to see how people see the world

Hello everyone! I've popped into this site occasionally and then this weekend I spent absolutely ages trawling through several topics - this was partly due to how interesting some of them were but also partly to do with the fact I had work to do and I was procrastinating dreadfully (or indeed very successfully!).

Occasionally people I know in RL come out with some conspiracy theories, so I am very interested in having some specifics I can use to point out that what they consider decisive may not be so. I really respect the fact that there are people willing to work hard to prove that these conspiracy smoking guns are not even water pistols.

I am also looking forward to getting my hands on some of that sweet government $$$ that I hear is freely handed out to those who argue against conspiracy theories!

I am 45 year old woman.
I love science and learning.
I’m also an athiest yoga teacher which doesn’t always go over well with my colleagues who make constant claims that are untrue, based in magical thinking patterns and supernatural mythologies.
I often find myself biting my tongue because I can’t always articulate why their claims are wrong and potentially dangerous.
I’m excited to follow this group.

Robert Miller 35, saw some postings about helicopter halo at night from propellers, figured I would give my input about what I knew from being field artillery in the US Army. Been under helicopters hovering at night and day hundreds of times and wanted to verify if is definitely not a phenomena, it is called a static load.

Hi all, new here.

I stumbled across the site, after a post on a radio forum from a resident conspiracy theorist made the claim that trees are being cut down in Sheffield, England, because of the 5G roll-out, and the thread on here about trees being felled due to 5G came up in a google search.

I've debunked him on that forum, and spent some time looking around on here, so much interesting stuff, I can see myself spending time here.

Last edited:
Greetings and merry meet, Mr. West and everyone!

I'm Reagan. I found you guys through an Occam's razor debunking ghost photo post. I am starting a blog and podcast on the unexplained. I appreciate all the hard work and research that this forum's members are putting into their hypotheses on mysteries, here. With permission, I hope to quote a few of you and borrow your theories - but, if that's not permitted here, I'll be content to enjoy the speculation you bring to my own theories and all the rich content (and humour) this forum offers.

Cheers!

With permission, I hope to quote a few of you and borrow your theories
Hi Reagan, there's no problem with you taking short quotes - that's common practice. It's only an issue when entire articles are quoted, or if you quote without attribution.
And welcome!

Greetings!
I'm joining this site due to my interest in the events of 9/11/01, especially as it relates to World Trade Center building collapses.
Briefly, I was caught up in the Richard Gage (AE911Truth) controlled demolition idea starting in 2007 when I first became familiar with the internet. It was sensational, and seemed plausible. A few nagging questions however, remained in the back of my mind. For example, I wanted to see the other side of Building 7, the downwind side that Gage didn't show. Gradually, around 2011, I started confronting those nagging questions, which led to a years long investigation of publicly available evidence. I combed literally hundreds of hours of raw video of the WTC site looking for all the cut apart columns which had to be in the piles if the buildings were controlled demolition. Having found none, I was forced to re-think my stance, and do one of the hardest things ever; admit I'd been had. Once doing so, the psychological release was exhilarating.
My investigation has revealed several insights, some of which I will share on metabunk.org as is appropriate. I've never considered myself a "debunker" per se. I report what the evidence shows, but will conform to the site format of "debunking". I look forward to interacting with others who have interest in this topic.

Hello everyone.

I come from Belgium. I have been debunking for a few years on different subjects, 9/11, flat earth, apollo mainly.

Today, after unsuccessful searches I register on this site that I have been visiting for a few years to ask for help on an image. I hope to find more information.

A good weekend to all of you.

Hi, I am crazyguy123 and I stumbled upon this site after getting caught in "the rabbit hole" of conspiracy theories and I am in a situation where I've become paranoid and don't know who or what to believe anymore. It also doesn't help that I'm too cynical for my own good, so it makes it difficult to trust people in the first place.

I am hoping I can find the answers that I am after by joining this site, since life has been very confusing lately. I look forward to having interesting conversations with all of you.

Hi guys,
My name is Andy and I look forward to meeting you all :) I live in the UK and found this forum through a few searches for this type of information.

I have joined up to this community to try and get some help with a family member who has become consumed by conspiracy theories of all types to the point where it is becoming the focus of their life.
It's a very tricky situation and I would be grateful if someone could point me to the right area of the forum to post this up.
I'm mainly looking for advice with dealing with the person themselves rather than debunking "evidence and information" Early attempts at this did not go well and seem fruitless mainly due to the extent of their beliefs and amount of daily content they appear to be taking in.

I started a new thread trying to post in here, sorry about that. Delete if needed, I don't think I can do that.

Hi guys,
My name is Andy and I look forward to meeting you all :) I live in the UK and found this forum through a few searches for this type of information.

I have joined up to this community to try and get some help with a family member who has become consumed by conspiracy theories of all types to the point where it is becoming the focus of their life.
It's a very tricky situation and I would be grateful if someone could point me to the right area of the forum to post this up.
I'm mainly looking for advice with dealing with the person themselves rather than debunking "evidence and information" Early attempts at this did not go well and seem fruitless mainly due to the extent of their beliefs and amount of daily content they appear to be taking in.

I started a new thread trying to post in here, sorry about that. Delete if needed, I don't think I can do that.

Welcome Andy.

There's this thread on this forum
https://www.metabunk.org/what-to-do-when-family-members-believe-in-bunk.t4701/

or this forum

https://www.metabunk.org/forums/ETRH/

Hi Joe Putnam here..I found this site looking for the fake broad cast on top of the CNN building in Atlanta...I am retired from wiring houses all my life..Nice to meet you all... :)

Hello Mick, i've known your site for couple of years and used and referenced lots of its contents, i ran into something today and not sure if it's a hoax or not. I thought you're the one who can solve the mystery :) thanks

Hello Mick and Metabunk team,
I'm sorry to have taken so long to respond more; however, I have a website and it keeps me quite busy in retirement. What a labor of love, lol. I returned due to such an outcry of conspiracies regarding the Paradise, California wildfire caused by Pacific Gas & Electric (now a matter of record). I really like your objectivity and open-mindedness in the arena of fanciful if not radical theories regarding directed energy weapons (DEW). Although, I have striven to point out the common sense of the matter that such accidents can happen, I have no less been more interested because I almost moved to Paradise in the 1990's. Gee, kinda glad I didn't. This was a catastrophe and some of the solutions are abhorrent, at best. Can you believe that although PG&E has filed for bankruptcy, they got clearance to just cut off electricity if they believe it could cause a fire. BTW, their infrastructure is in a shambles. Thank you. Ed

Hello Mick and Metabunk team,
I'm sorry to have taken so long to respond more; however, I have a website and it keeps me quite busy in retirement. What a labor of love, lol. I returned due to such an outcry of conspiracies regarding the Paradise, California wildfire caused by Pacific Gas & Electric (now a matter of record). I really like your objectivity and open-mindedness in the arena of fanciful if not radical theories regarding directed energy weapons (DEW). Although, I have striven to point out the common sense of the matter that such accidents can happen, I have no less been more interested because I almost moved to Paradise in the 1990's. Gee, kinda glad I didn't. This was a catastrophe and some of the solutions are abhorrent, at best. Can you believe that although PG&E has filed for bankruptcy, they got clearance to just cut off electricity if they believe it could cause a fire. BTW, their infrastructure is in a shambles. Thank you. Ed

If you are interested to see if a topic has been covered here use the search function in the upper right.

This thread is for any first time poster to (optionally) post an introductory "hi everyone" post, which will also get you "verified" (meaning you can post without anti-spam restrictions) once it has been approved.

A few words on who you are and how you ended up here would be appreciated. Or just say hi!
upload_2013-11-7_15-17-0.png

It's highly recommended that you first read the Posting Guidelines:
https://www.metabunk.org/threads/posting-guidelines.2064/
Ed Smith - [...] Retired IT Graduate. Web developer. Successful website: https://universaldigest.com.

If you are interested to see if a topic has been covered here use the search function in the upper right.
Dang it. That is my other name, sorry. All good. Ed Smith

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Everyone,

I'm a seeker of truth. I'm a Christian, a teacher, and a pastor. I'm fascinated with getting to the bottom of things, and feel frustrated when I can't. I found this site through the earth curve calculator. I've spent a good deal of time listening to flat-earthers, and after observing Long Island from Rhode Island, I started to want to enter the data to see where it leads. I'm hoping you all can help me process what I'm seeing and why.

Thanks!

Hello from Central Ontario. I drive transport to and from Laredo. Every morning when I watch the sun rise, I tell myself "I don't understand how anyone can think that the earth is flat!". Then I think of ways that the world around us proves it. I'm enjoying all of the thought-provoking, polite discussions. Thanks for having me.

Hi all. The name is Dave and from NJ. I was lucky enough to stumble upon this site today for the first time while doing some digging into the Bob Lazar story - landing here - and I'm really glad I did, I've poked around for a few hours now and I've been really impressed with what I've found here. Great work by all of you

Hi everybody. My first name is Dave, I live at the north end of Southern California, and I'm mainly here because truth is important to me. I post on a music website that has an in-house conspiracty theorist, and I ran into this site while investigating the Franklin Square and Munson Co. story because someting about it being referred to as "historic" read false to me. The rule I follow is, don't believe anything out of anxiousness to believe. I am impressed by the posts here - unbiased judgement can be difficult to find online. I frequent poltifact and snopes for much the same reason. I'd rather listen to evidence and make up my own mind.

hey, im anton from germany and im here to discuss the middle eastern wars and share informations. i found this forum by google some forum regarding wars which started with lies, so im here :)

Hello from a skeptically minded farmer in Australia.
Found this site via searching for info about people claiming to be able to "steer" weather systems etc and also the good old chemtrail CT. A private forecaster down here has gone full CT on why we are having a prolonged dry/drought saying it's down to Pine Gap, that mob in the UAE (ClimateGlobalTrading?), chemtrails and various radar transmitters "frying" the upper atmosphere! There's a huge mass of dry air over most of the Australia atm and he can't explain it.
Still ploughing my way through all the info.
Thank you for the site.
GowiYowi

Great to find this site. I found Mick's book on Amazon and am really enjoying it, and found this blog through the book. I'm a psychotherapist and academic tutor in private practice in NYC, seeing adults during the day as a psychotherapist and kids in the afternoons and evenings as a tutor. I love teaching science and critical thinking to my students, and I find that understanding why people believe what they do is helpful for my work as a psychotherapist and generally as a social human who doesn't want to come off as an a-hole to people who've gone down the rabbit hole. Glad to be here!

Back