Welcome Thread - New Members Post Here

Greetings! I was pointed ere after defending Mick in a thread on TwitterX, where some Scotsman (normally not a disqualifier) seemed to have a bug under his bun about the GIMBAL video.

I've been a long time researcher into UFOs and the paranormal, but I've simultaneously tried hard to refute false claims, especially those online: the Beirut explosion being an Israeli nuke attack, the New Mexico Solar Observatory shutdown because of a looming solar flare, the Chinese disinfo about space weapons causing the Maui fires -- those sorts of things. Glad to find this site. Might help me shorten my response time to the Legions of Knuckleheads out there.

Hello! I'm Metayeta from the Netherlands!

Ive captured some strange vids with my Outdoor Video Camera System, and hopefully someone is able to help me explaining..

I hope you guys can help! :)

Howdy y'all, I found out about this place through a 9/11 conspiracy debunking video, and since I'm a huge nerd about all things mysterious, paranormal, and theories, I thought I'd make myself comfy here!

Hello! I've read enough threads here that I figured it was time to register. I have spent an unhealthy amount of time on /r/UFOs (Reddit) and their unofficial Discord server (the latter of which has been fun, honestly). I've also seen a lot of Mick's posts on Twitter.

I'm here primarily because of the UAP/UFO topic, something I have always been fascinated with. I really kind of want it to be true that ET/NHI life is here poking around but I still remain still unconvinced.

See you around!

Hi all!! I found this forum after becoming aware of Mick West's book Escaping The Rabbit Hole. I have a very dear friend who has been sucked into the Qanon conspiracy world and I have been at a loss as to how to talk to her about her beliefs without belittling her or worse destroying our relationship. I ordered the book earlier today and then made my way here for more help. Looking forward to learning how to understand more about this whole world of conspiracy theories.

Hello, I’m Starling- I live in Wales, UK; I’m glad I’ve found this forum! Here in Wales it’s just become law to make it a 20mph speed limit in built-up areas, (previously 30mph) and the conspiracy theorists in my small county are full-throated in their puce and furious social media response. Attempts to engage and discuss in a friendly and respectful way (by me) have been met with torrents of abuse including accusations of how I’m a ‘SLAVE!!!!’ And a ‘SHILL!!!!!!!’ and much reference (in caps lock of course) to climate change denial, upcoming totalitarian restrictions on freedom of movement, 5G, trump-as secret-saviour, yep, chemtrails, ‘con’vid etc etc… pretty much the whole bingo (nobody has mentioned flat earth yet but it may be a matter of time!) so yeah. I need this forum.
It’s been winding up since covid and it’s really reaching a frenzy now. It’s like a full time job trying to meet people where they are, with respect and open conversation, and it’s pretty depressing, but I feel like I have to call out the misinformation or I’m being complicit in letting others get pulled in.

This thread is for any first time poster to (optionally) post an introductory "hi everyone" post, which will also get you "verified" (meaning you can post without anti-spam restrictions) once that post, and a few posts in another sub-forum, have been approved.

A few words on who you are and how you ended up here would be appreciated. Or just say hi!
upload_2013-11-7_15-17-0.png

It's highly recommended that you first read the Posting Guidelines:
https://www.metabunk.org/threads/posting-guidelines.2064/
Thx for the WELCOME...my name is Roxanne (prefer Xan). I made my way here through Mick West. So far I'm loving it.

Attachments

• video_2023_08_18_20_09_06._001.mp4
    89 KB
Hi everyone I popped out the other side of the rabbit hole recently with the recent UFO mania with David Grusch and the congress hearings etc and one day it was like a smack in the face and i just became convinced that aliens and flying saucers arent real. It is obvious and self evident to me. This was quite a shock that so many credible and otherwise intelligent professional people are involved in pushing this narrative. So many grifters and then you have the gullible people who give them attention. It was comforting to discover that there are some level headed people out there so thankyou Mick West and Michael Schermer and others who are open minded sceptics.

Hi everyone I popped out the other side of the rabbit hole recently with the recent UFO mania with David Grusch and the congress hearings etc and one day it was like a smack in the face and i just became convinced that aliens and flying saucers arent real.
Welcome to Metabunk!

Since you mention that, we have a place for stories like yours, at "Escaping The Rabbit Hole" https://www.metabunk.org/forums/ETRH/ . You're not alone.

Hi y'all, I came here after hearing Mick while catching up on back-episodes of Decoding the Gurus.

Since then I've listened to a bunch of eps of Tales from the Rabbit Hole as well as a bunch of Mick's guest appearances on other YT channels and podcasts. My degree is in Physics and Math so I really dig following that side of the debunking exercise, but even more fascinating to me is the psychology of conspiracists.

Hi, I found your site while looking up.... well aliens. This seems to be the spot where the experts reside so I can know fact from fiction.

:)

Don't put us down. Between us, we have a lot of expertise in a huge range of non-alien topics. So far, that's been enough to cover pretty much everything thrown at us.
It is not meant to put anyone down but to emphasize that the facts speak louder here.

Hello everyone.
I am browsing the metabunk from Japan.
I am not good at English, but if there is anything I can do to help from Japan, I will participate.

I went down the UFO rabbit hole 6 years ago and have finally emerged from it. I admire all the work done by the people here. I won't post much because I'm not comfortable in English.

Hi all. I was drip fed alien news by someone close to me for about six months. Am always somewhat tentative with conclusions but accepted it more or less. Then one day I wondered what science / academia had made of it. Then I realized I never looked if anyone disputed any of the claims. Mick West not only spoke out but provided a convincing alternate explanation for the sightings and hearings. Will visit the Escaping the Rabbit Hole thread and see if my experience applies, though I've always kept a foot in disbelief out of necessity after hearing enough stories on Coast to Coast early on. Thanks for the site.

Yo, I'm here now. I'm riding the line between skeptic and believer. I see 98% obvious fakes or uninteresting low-information junk, and maybe 2% possible gold flakes that I may be running by you all to make sure its not obvious fools gold that I was seeing in the wrong light.

Hi everyone! I am kinda shocked by the obsessive non critical thinking out in the wild. I am a strong believer in science, which means (to me ) you are able to change your mind if shown credible evidence. Too many people stick to crazy ideas and only reinforce them in echo chambers.

I tentatively gently poked a statement re chem trails and suggested people come to this site for info. I then got a pile of abuse. I know these are keyboard warriors, but I find it shocking the amount of vitriol

Hi,
Fantastic to be part of this community
I'm from Southport - Merseyside, I'm sure Mick will have heard of it!
Just to let you know it's raining here.

Hey all, like many others I've enjoyed lurking the threads here for awhile now. I'm excited to make some contributions in the spirit of promoting critical thinking and deflating unsubstantiated conspiracy theories

I'm 64 years old and have always been fascinated with UFOs since I was a young child. In fact, my term paper in High School was titled "Search for Extraterrestrial Life." I'm extremely skeptical that all these UAPs are alien in nature, I applaud your efforts in debunking many of them as mundane. But who knows...;)

This thread is for any first time poster to (optionally) post an introductory "hi everyone" post, which will also get you "verified" (meaning you can post without anti-spam restrictions) once that post, and a few posts in another sub-forum, have been approved.

A few words on who you are and how you ended up here would be appreciated. Or just say hi!
upload_2013-11-7_15-17-0.png

It's highly recommended that you first read the Posting Guidelines:
https://www.metabunk.org/threads/posting-guidelines.2064/
Hi Mick. I am having a little trouble navigating the metabunk web and am struggling to find how to post here in the Welcome Thread. I did manage to submit a post in the Chemtrail thread. Just wanted to say hello and say I look forward to exploring metabunk as a whole.

Back