Alleged Flight MH370 UFO Teleportation Videos [Hoax]

Admin Note: Dec 9,2023
These videos have been proven to be fake in a variety of ways, but mostly notably by their inclusion of pre-2014 stock footage]
Compare MH370 with Stock Clouds.jpg
Compare mh370 wider clouds.jpg

A couple old videos that appeared in 2014 and allege to show 3 UFOs circling and teleporting a 777 have suddenly blown up on TikTok, twitter, and a bunch of Reddit UFO subs. While the original posts of the videos never mentioned flight MH370, they first appeared 4 months after the disappearance, and so people have connected them (the videos show coordinates near where the plane was known to be when it disappeared, which is where the connection comes in). I wanted to get Metabunk's perspective on these as I'm seeing some very hyperbolic claims being made about them on Reddit, but couldn't find an existing thread here.

Here are embeddable re-uploads:

Satellite Video: Airliner and UFOs

UAV-Captures Airliner and UFOs

Here's both side-by-side:

Here are the original (now deleted) videos:

Satellite Video: Airliner and UFOs (Uploaded May 19, 2014):

https://web.archive.org/web/20140827052109/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ok1A1fSzxY

UAV-Captures Airliner and UFOs (Uploaded June 12, 2014):

https://web.archive.org/web/20140827060121/https://youtube.com/watch?v=ShapuD290K0

Pyromania effects CDs
https://archive.org/details/pyromania-playing-with-fire-quicktime

Direct link to Vol1, which has SHOCKWV.MOV - used in both fake videos
https://archive.org/download/pyromania-playing-with-fire-quicktime/Pyromania_Vol.1.zip

[MICK: Adding the video files downloaded from the 2014 archive.org links]

Last edited by a moderator:
on reddit the prevalent voice is that this is the best video ever, impossible to fake yadayadayada

their main argument is that the cloud illuminates during the flash and that this would be next to impossible to recreate with such detail.

adding a radial gradient around the flash does exactly that, as one user demonstrated:

https://imgur.io/qnWmAP9

there were also uploads almost 10 years ago with satellite data as an overlay, suggesting to be the NROL-33 military satellite, which was launched on May 22, 2014 – later than the MH370 incident.

i also think the thermal coloration is not convincing for a military drone, which would be in black or white hot. however, someone could post process it manually (unlikely and for whatever reason but in the realm of possibility).

i personally am not sure if the thermal signature of the engine is accurate, it seems to be too cold?

the "portal" shows up as black on the thermal footage. i dont know how a portal would look like because i dont think anyone has ever seen one, but if the thermal is set to rainbow coloring, why would it show up as black and not red yellow or blue...?

edit: added screenshot part of the original footage that had the satellite letters visible in partIMG_5446.jpeg

Last edited:
(the videos show coordinates near where the plane was known to be when it disappeared, which is where the connection comes in)
what coordinates? i dont see any.

If that is a satellite video what's with the black bird flying around?

Can 777s move like that? what's with the exhaust plume that disappears as teh plane levels out?

Looks like a plane from an airshow.

If that is a satellite video what's with the black bird flying around?
I thought that's what it was at first too, but it's a mouse cursor. It's a video of a computer screen.

The coordinates are at the bottom, but half cut off. It's unknown if they say -8.834301, 93.19492 or 8.834301, 93.19492, although in the satellite video they are changing in realtime as the cursor moves.

Here is a summation of reddit's analysis of it collecting everything that's been said in one place:
Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/UFOs/comments/15lvgt5/the_ultimate_analysis_airliner_videos_and_the/

Last edited:
If I wanted to look into this I would want to know which NRO satellites had MH370 in its field of view when it disappeared. But the name of the satellite seems to be partially present on some of the footage. Like another poster said, MH370 disappeared in March 2014 and NROL-33 was launched in May 2014. According to this article, NROL-33 is likely a communications relay for other NRO satellites.

The bank angle of the plane seems to be pretty dramatic for a passenger jet, I guess the narrative would be that the pilots were trying to get away from the UFOs or something. If the pilots had a close call with another aircraft I believe they would have told air traffic control about it.

There were several satellite pings from the plane long after the plane's last contact with ATC. I would think that would disprove this video outright. The final ping occurred several hours after last contact.

I actually just realized that the MH370 timeline doesn't match up with this footage at all. The plane took off at around midnight. It disappeared from ATC radar at 1:22 AM local time, before finally leaving military radar coverage at 2:22 AM. The footage above appears to take place during daylight.

Last edited:
I actually just realized that the MH370 timeline doesn't match up with this footage at all. The plane took off at around midnight. It disappeared from ATC radar at 1:22 AM local time, before finally disappearing from military radar at 2:22 AM. The footage above appears to take place during daylight.
nice catch. i didnt think to look at the time the plane was in flight.

he coordinates are at the bottom, but half cut off. It's unknown if they say -8.834301, 93.19492 or 8.834301, 93.19492
thanks, yea i looked up the coordinates i guessed at earlier (your post must have been stuck in moderation queue)

Screenshot 2023-08-10 191443.png

but i do note that the time the original vid claims they received the footage was the same day the data was released to the public . and then it took the youtuber 2 months to edit the video to figure out how to upload it to youtube. :)

Screenshot 2023-08-10 191647.png

Screenshot 2023-08-10 191620.png

I would really like to see this pair of videos examined here too. My notes:
1) It looks to me that the satellite name is NROL-22, not NROL-33. You can see that the longitude is 93, and that 3 looks clearly different from the numbers in the satellite name.
2) If the latitude coordinate is -8.8, then it's much closer to the later satellite pings.
3) MH370 had enough fuel for the sun to rise over the Southern Indian Ocean before it would have run out of fuel, so daytime filming by satellite is not out of the question.

In the first video - if the plane is moving in real time, why aren't the clouds moving in real time too? They seem static, almost as if they are from a still picture.

3) MH370 had enough fuel for the sun to rise over the Southern Indian Ocean before it would have run out of fuel, so daytime filming by satellite is not out of the question.
In order for it to have been filmed in the daytime, the plane would have had to fly way off course for hours just for UFOs to show up coincidentally as the plane was almost out of fuel, with the pilots still able to maneuver the plane. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

In the first video - if the plane is moving in real time, why aren't the clouds moving in real time too? They seem static, almost as if they are from a still picture.
It's claimed (see comparison here) that the clouds do change (slowly). The discussions I've read indicate that this kind of effect would require a 3d model of the scene or at least the clouds, but I'm not a VFX expert. Though I imaging having two matching videos from different angles would require a 3d model of the scene anyway.

Also It's hard to work out what we are seeing, we see a mouse cursor move and then I assume get clicked and the the screen dragged to a different part of the video to be in shot, but the overlay text is static, so the overlay comes there and not the orginal video, but it's cropped half off?

Yeah I noticed this as well, the clouds look a like a still image.
The whole thing reminds me of what my young nephew (early teens) showed me over a decade ago when he was learning how to use the graphics/animation packages on his dad's Apple Mac (OK, fully kitted out with all the best software, he was working at an art department at a university). However, that was better, as the balls didn't just rotate around him, they actually interacted with him, they bounded off his outstretched hands as they span round him. OK, he was skilled in that direction, that's become his career as an adult, but that doesn't change the fact that it looks like something a teenager could do whilst still learning CG.

The videos were posted to 4chan's /x/ board on August 24th, 2014. Didn't garner much more than a handful of posts. Around the same time, the video only had about 4000 views. Given the name of the youtube account was RegicideAnon in my view there's a good chance they were a 4chan user. I was looking through the /x/ archive to see if I could find the video being discussed before it was uploaded to youtube but I've had no luck so far, besides this and another couple of posts on /pol/ in September 2014.

Last edited:
This appears to already have been debunked here:

https://observers.france24.com/en/a...os-don-t-show-what-happened-to-the-lost-plane

The disappearance of MH370 caused by three mysterious orbs?

A video posted on TikTok with 1.5 million views as of March 23 claims to show exclusive footage documenting the disappearance of Flight MH370.

It shows thermal camera footage of a plane surrounded by three spherical shapes flying around it. After a few seconds, the three spheres collide with the aircraft, which instantly disappears.

A text read by an automated voice comments on the video in French: "Netflix releasing a documentary on flight MH370, but not even showing this video declassified by the FBI." Other TikTok accounts posted another video showing the same scene, but filmed without a thermal camera effect here.
Likely a graphic creation
Scott Brando, who founded UFO of Interest (@ufoofinterest )which is focused on debunking hoaxes about UFOs, told us that the video is likely a graphic creation. He even found a version of the video shared on Vimeo in August 2014 by a UFO enthusiast group. The description under the video describes it as "what the disappearance of Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 may have looked like" made by a "video editing enthusiast".
1691754688416.png

Someone on reddit analyzed the clouds and it appears they do move from the first frame to the last:

Source: https://imgur.com/a/OsysF20

Reddit is also dismissing the observers.france24 debunk due to its being uploaded to the Vimeo account it's mentioning after the original video appeared online. However, I think the origin is lost. It's rumored the video was shared on a forum before being posted. If the Area-Alienware Vimeo account got the video from the same forum as the original poster before sharing it, it's possible that the owner of that account was aware that it was cgi. I do think the fact that the oldest still existent source of the video online claims it's cgi is significant.

Last edited:
It doesn’t look like the view from a satellite. In fact, it’s hard for tell from what angle this is supposed to be. The plane looks like it is moving aerobatically.

The very fact that these 2 videos are not pushed to the top of “best video evidence of ufo/uap’s”, and that the three navy videos are still being shown on news stories whenever uap/ufo story is covered is clear evidence that these videos are not genuine. On face value these 2 videos look like definitive proof of some sort impossible flying technology circling a flying plane, crescendoing into all the objects blinking out of existence. You can’t beat that. Meanwhile zero msm outlets have this video? Jeremy Corbell (the king of leaked ufo videos) doesn’t have this video? Doesn’t add up.

Interesting. Seems like it could be just circling at a constant bank angle. Nothing obviously outside of what a 777 could do.
Presumably though a satellite would have a (mostly) top view, so if it is seeing the profile of the plane then that plane has made a very strong banking maneuver that would seem out of place of what a plane like that would normally do. I guess if the plane were being chased by alien orbs perhaps the pilot would need to maneuver in a strange way.

But I admit that I do not know the details or capabilities of the alleged satellite that took this video.

the clouds dont morph even a millimeter in your pic.
It's hard to tell if they move or if the lighting just changes slightly. It does seem like they move a bit to me, but I'm not sure what would be involved in compositing a still image like this.

Last edited:
Presumably though a satellite would have a (mostly) top view, so if it is seeing the profile of the plane then that plane has made a very strong banking maneuver that would seem out of place of what a plane like that would normally do. I guess if the plane were being chased by alien orbs perhaps the pilot would need to maneuver in a strange way.

But I admit that I do not know the details or capabilities of the alleged satellite that took this video.
I don't see why a satellite's view would have to be mostly from the top. When you're >100km up, you have a pretty broad view of the ground and your viewing angle could be anything from directly overhead to nearly profile (though at some point you're looking through a lot of atmosphere). Eyeballing the Twitter composition, it looks like about ~45 degrees off from directly overhead to me.

The very fact that these 2 videos are not pushed to the top of “best video evidence of ufo/uap’s”, and that the three navy videos are still being shown on news stories whenever uap/ufo story is covered is clear evidence that these videos are not genuine. On face value these 2 videos look like definitive proof of some sort impossible flying technology circling a flying plane, crescendoing into all the objects blinking out of existence. You can’t beat that. Meanwhile zero msm outlets have this video? Jeremy Corbell (the king of leaked ufo videos) doesn’t have this video? Doesn’t add up.
It's because there's no provenance for the video.

Really that's the end of it in terms of determination, but Metabunk likes to give it a go anyway and see what we can work out, if anything. But sometimes we just have to say without a source there's just no way to know.

It feels fake me, what drone operating at high altitudes carries a thermographic camera rather than a MWIR FLIR? Can a thermographic camera even operate that well at large distances? Do NRO satellites launched in 2006 have colour video cameras?

If you ignore the orbs for a moment, is there anything evident in the videos that actually shows they are viewing the same plane at the same time?

There's a lot of discussion on reddit and youtube that the videos can't be fake because the clouds this and that and the coordinates are correct, etc etc. But my initial gut feeling is that it's real video, with fake orbs and fake portal/teleportation effect.

I don't see why a satellite's view would have to be mostly from the top. When you're >100km up, you have a pretty broad view of the ground and your viewing angle could be anything from directly overhead to nearly profile (though at some point you're looking through a lot of atmosphere). Eyeballing the Twitter composition, it looks like about ~45 degrees off from directly overhead to me.
In principle, it need not be from the top, sure. But to me, it looks like the airplane is shown both in projection from above as well as from the side, which indicates a change in orientation of order 90 degrees. Since the clouds don't change orientation, this would have to be from a change in the aircraft. Look at the difference in the plane's profile at the start of the video and at about 30 seconds in. Looks like a major change to me. And that change is concurrent with a trajectory change of the airplane. So a pretty steeply banked turn, yes? If one had time they could calculate the radius of the turn I units of the size of the aircraft and see how unusual (or not) that kind of turn would be for an aircraft of this size.

The reason this one feels fake, is because if it is not it is absolutely real.

We cant explain this one away with bokah, star positions, or flight trackers.

And they certanly are not flares... so it's either CGI or real.

The question that can determine it all, is where did the videos come from?

I heard a great request on reddit, I doubt anyone will try, but people are offering $ for someone to re-create these videos, and have them be as believable as these ones are.

Some things I think we can use to determine if they are fake:

1. Find out if the infrared versions (the like heat signature one) is matching how the type of camera, or exact camera actually photographs and colors light exactly, rather than showing signs of a "recreation" of that effect

(I think if you look at the coloration, and it was recreated in a VFX package, that it would not behave exactly the way real coloration from that type of camera would have)..

One artist said "I could do it, but it wouldn't look identical" which got me thinking, well then can we prove that this one is not identical to the actual camera effects?

2. find out the source of the videos.

Speaking of 1, do we know what type of camera or how that effect works? Can we recreate it? Can we compare the way the colorization works?

look at this footage from an airshow recorded with a thermal camera, probably mounted.

start at 2:50

the panning reminds me a lot of the mh370 video. i dont think a satellite or drone would need to be manually adjusted, it could track a 777 automatically no?

im convinced the video is real and was really recorded with a civilian thermal camera but they edited the orbs and the portal in.

the way the clouds are illuminated during the flash of the portal doesnt make a lot of sense imo.

the shadows dont change angle, the brighter part of the clouds get brighter but the shadows stay the same.

if the angle of the shadow doesnt change, but the brighter part gets brighter, wouldnt this indicate that the flash had to have the exact same angle as the sun?

what are the odds?

and if the angle would have been exactly the same but it overshines the sun (the clouds get brighter) wouldnt the shadow be darker rather than staying the same?

edit:

added this picture to show what i mean regarding the shadows and the light flash

Attachments

• IMG_5484.jpeg
    IMG_5484.jpeg
    634 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
im convinced the video is real and was really recorded with a civilian thermal camera but they edited the orbs and the portal in.

Wouldn't that require them to find footage that was identical to the 2nd video?

It also seems like a lot of work for a hoax, like, if someone is going to use CGI, AND practical effects, that's quite a commitment!

I've never seen a CGI video that I haven't had at least 1 frame that totally makes me go "DAMMIT, that is cgi"

I havent been looking at this one because it seems too good to be true, so I tend to wait a few weeks before I open my heart to something like this.

Too many disappointments in this arena.

I'm going to come at this from a different angle -- assume for a moment the video is real. It would then show an aircraft being circled by UFOs, the disappearing into a Sky Portal (tm) never to be seen again, off to Dimenison X or Arcturus 4. If all that is true, then the plane in the video cannot be MH370 (aircraft 9M-MRO) because THAT plane did not dissappear into another dimension or the depths of space -- it crashed, bits of it have been recovered:
The first item of debris to be positively identified as originating from Flight 370 was the right flaperon (a trailing edge control surface).[163][164][165] It was discovered in late July 2015 on a beach in Saint-André, Réunion, an island in the western Indian Ocean, about 4,000 km (2,200 nmi; 2,500 mi) west of the underwater search area.[166] The item was transported from Réunion (an overseas department of France) to Toulouse, where it was examined by France's civil aviation accident investigation agency, the Bureau d'Enquêtes et d'Analyses pour la Sécurité de l'Aviation Civile (BEA), and a French defence ministry laboratory.[166] Malaysia sent its own investigators to both Réunion and Toulouse.[166][167] On 3 September 2015, French officials announced that serial numbers found on internal components of the flaperon linked it "with certainty" to Flight 370.
Content from External Source
Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malaysia_Airlines_Flight_370

The article goes on to mention other bits of the plane that have been recovered.

Since the plane in the video cannot be Flight MH370, for the video to be real proponents need to find another candidate aircraft that disappeared in the time frame and geographic area the video is claimed to have originated from -- this one without having left wreckage.

I'm going to come at this from a different angle -- assume for a moment the video is real. It would then show an aircraft being circled by UFOs, the disappearing into a Sky Portal (tm) never to be seen again, off to Dimenison X or Arcturus 4. If all that is true, then the plane in the video cannot be MH370 (aircraft 9M-MRO) because THAT plane did not dissappear into another dimension or the depths of space -- it crashed, bits of it have been recovered:
The first item of debris to be positively identified as originating from Flight 370 was the right flaperon (a trailing edge control surface).[163][164][165] It was discovered in late July 2015 on a beach in Saint-André, Réunion, an island in the western Indian Ocean, about 4,000 km (2,200 nmi; 2,500 mi) west of the underwater search area.[166] The item was transported from Réunion (an overseas department of France) to Toulouse, where it was examined by France's civil aviation accident investigation agency, the Bureau d'Enquêtes et d'Analyses pour la Sécurité de l'Aviation Civile (BEA), and a French defence ministry laboratory.[166] Malaysia sent its own investigators to both Réunion and Toulouse.[166][167] On 3 September 2015, French officials announced that serial numbers found on internal components of the flaperon linked it "with certainty" to Flight 370.
Content from External Source
Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malaysia_Airlines_Flight_370

The article goes on to mention other bits of the plane that have been recovered.

Since the plane in the video cannot be Flight MH370, for the video to be real proponents need to find another candidate aircraft that disappeared in the time frame and geographic area the video is claimed to have originated from -- this one without having left wreckage.

How absolutely certain can we be that these are parts from this plane? Not challenging, asking!

Wouldn't that require them to find footage that was identical to the 2nd video?

It also seems like a lot of work for a hoax, like, if someone is going to use CGI, AND practical effects, that's quite a commitment!

I've never seen a CGI video that I haven't had at least 1 frame that totally makes me go "DAMMIT, that is cgi"

I havent been looking at this one because it seems too good to be true, so I tend to wait a few weeks before I open my heart to something like this.

Too many disappointments in this arena.
no it would be even easier than doing everything 100% cgi.

the way its done is you have a model / effect for the orb, you let it track the plane, you delete the non visible orb out manually frame by frame

i think this can be done within a couple hours if experienced

there are many fake videos out there that took some dedication, thats a non argument really

Back