Claim: ''UAP researcher'' released clear smoking gun photo of Orb captured by photographer

Another butterfly species native to Ecuador with a similar color pattern:
Images like this are moving the butterfly hypothesis steadily higher on my list - I've just bumped from "hmmm, not really seeing it" to "hmmm, yeah, I can kinda see that" - good finds!

Quick check -- this is what I am seeing when considering the Butterfly Hypothesis:
ufo butterfly.jpg
(To the limit of my skills drawing in photoshop...)

Is that what others who are considering it a butterfly are thinking, in terms of orientation and pose, roughly?

Quick check -- this is what I am seeing when considering the Butterfly Hypothesis:
ufo butterfly.jpg

Is that what others who are considering it a butterfly are thinking, in terms of orientation and pose, roughly?
That's pretty much spot on to what I see after gazing at it during a few sips of tea. Butterfly hypothesis has moved to the top of my list, especially considering that during my work we've seen, (because of a very stopped down wide angle lens) unintentional forced perspectives of "huge" human-sized flying insects next to the onscreen talent.

ufo butterfly.jpg

That's what I see too

But it's probably more wing than your sketch in my opinion. Butterfly bodies are slim

ufo butterfly.jpg

I don't think it's in perfect profile though. It's flying on a path a bit oblique to the plane of the sensor. The bug is rotated a bit. The head is turned away a bit, and the abdomen is turned a bit toward the camera.

ufo butterfly.jpg

Butterfly seems like a likely candidate. The lower light band is on the bottom of the near wing, the brighter band is on the top of the far wing. One is directly lit by the sun and the other is not, hence the difference in brightness.

The plants directly in front of the camera are in direct sunlight, but the closest foliage beyond them is in a clouds shadow, so the "orb" is either very close or over that more distant foliage which also in sunlight.

From an article I found: it won't let me cut and paste so here's a screen grab.
https://www.thc.texas.gov/public/upload/preserve/museums/files/Monarch Glider Activity_0.pdf

IMG_2161.jpeg
Let me put it another way. Ability to glide granted. However we can tell from a still photo when the butterfly could be gliding and when it couldn't be gliding... at that moment.

The wings of the butterfly in the photo are at an acute angle. That means it's in the midst of a flap. In a glide the wings must be at an oblique angle. With the wings held at an acute angle like that, there would be no lift.

Last edited:
Have we been given EXIF info on this game-changing photo?

Am I the only one who was a bit surprised to see the holy grail document, from a genuine "photographer"

looking like a cellphone pic?

The wings of the butterfly in the photo are at an acute angle. That means it's in the midst of a flap. In a glide the wings must be at an oblique angle. With the wings held at an acute angle like that, there would be no lift.
I have absolutely no idea, but I am wondering -- would a butterfly ever descend in a glide (or avoid ascending in a updraft, I guess) by raising it's wings? It would seem a viable technique, but do they ever actually DO it?

Have we been given EXIF info on this game-changing photo?

Am I the only one who was a bit surprised to see the holy grail document, from a genuine "photographer"

looking like a cellphone pic?
and why, from a genuine photographer, would there be only one photo?

Let me put it another way. Ability to glide granted. However we can tell from a still photo when the butterfly could be gliding and when it couldn't be gliding... at that moment.

I guess I'm confused: there are a lot of different butterflies in the clip from @JMartJr to which I refer. I suppose you must be talking about the orb-that-is-maybe-a-butterfly.

UAPmax uses AI graphics:

Source: https://twitter.com/ufos_uaps/status/1706166144204149065

apparently we're talking about starlings? or perhaps every debunker is one of us?

Source: https://twitter.com/ufos_uaps/status/1707088167927463945

the compression artefacts show there's a portal, and there are more arrows:

Source: https://twitter.com/ufos_uaps/status/1706817472660160570

Source: https://twitter.com/ufos_uaps/status/1706814175216099383

the sheer vitriol mick inspires in these people's hearts by politely disagreeing with them...
It's very telling he's laying someone opining on twitter about this being a bird at our feet, not a single person here suggested that. I doubt he's ever actually been here.

the sheer vitriol mick inspires in these people's hearts by politely disagreeing with them...
It's very telling he's laying someone opining on twitter about this being a bird at our feet, not a single person here suggested that. I doubt he's ever actually been here.

It is the typical reaction you can expect from a channel like that.
How can we take these channels serious, if we get replies like that? I sure as hell don't.
To me they are all grifters and/or attention seekers, no exception.

They indicate a jpeg macroblock artifact as far as I can tell. But when you are trying to convince people of strange things it's often a done thing to claim things are actually other things without evidence and definitely not the actual thing.

This. They happily introduce things like wormholes, warping and portals. Very handy bullshit to convince gullible ones indeed.

But I'm not sure that the image is a photo of an object that was actually there at all; it seems to me that the "UAP" sits in a roughly square-shaped area whose edges resemble the artefacts present from crude graphic file manipulation.

The lower and left edges are most prominent (I'm not ruling out pareidolia or misinterpretation on my part, though).

F66xaL5XkAA13Kq.jpg
Similarly, the "object's" right edge and top egde are almost perfectly aligned to the XY pixel rows. Looks like something has been pasted in the image to me.

Anyone any idea how to get such bad quality from the image with Fernando Cornejo Wurfl's name on to the ones that are being studied?

What settings do I need to be messing with? I scale it but it never looks as bad as some of them.

The claim is that there are at least 3 photos: the "orb", and the pictures before and after in that sequence.
The "claim" was also that we would be so blown away by this wonderful, best-ever, super-duper photo (that we'd see tomorrow ...er, in a couple of days ...any day now) that we'd all instantly become Believers in the Cult of the Orb. I'm not sure that my heart can take the excitement that two additional photos of an orb-less landscape would provide us.

The claim is that there are at least 3 photos: the "orb", and the pictures before and after in that sequence.
So then where are those photos? They show no “orb” in them? How far apart in time were they taken?

if this were an actual thing seen by a photographer who pulled up his camera and took a picture I would expect there to be more than a single image

Instead, this would seem more consistent with someone looking through a series of photos they took and seeing something unusual in one of them after the fact.

Which means it would be unlikely that there was an actual big thing flying by that was the subject of the photograph. Lends more credence to something small flitting through the camera’s field of view for a quick moment.

Back