Mass UFO Sighting at Area 6, Nevada [Starlink]

flarkey

Senior Member.
Staff member
This UFO/UAP sighting was recently posted on YouTube, and looks like it shows Starlink Satellites....

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OH1GVA2YX0Q&ab_channel=UFOSeekers

Filmed by our team in Pahrump, Nevada facing north over the Nuclear Test Site and Area 6 portion of the NTTR. Also in the same general direction are the Tonopah Test Range and Area 51. Tonopah on the left (west), Area 51 on the right (east).

Date: 08-04-2023 + 08-05-2023
Time: 11:30 PM - 12:30 AM
Video Speed: +300%

The second clip seen in the video, is 11+ minutes. All videos of the objects have the speed increased +300% to show the directions of the objects. Is this satellites? Is space that crowded? Is this some sort of test? The objects seem to be moving in different directions, Starlink satellites move exactly the same. What is happening over Area 6?

100% Real. No Actors. No Setup Scenarios. Join our team of UFO & Alien Investigators© (Tim & Tracey) as we sky-watch from our headquarters in Pahrump, Nevada for UFO Sighting activity. Thanks for watching. Let's see what's out there!

The UFO Seekers name & logo are a registered trademark (servicemark) in the USA. Any commercial usage of the UFO Seekers® name or logo is strictly forbidden without expressed written permission from an authorized representative of UFO Seekers®. USPTO Serial # 90126027 DBA: "UFO Seekers"

I think this will get some traction on Reddit and the site formely known as twitter. Lets see if we can explain it here.

Last edited by a moderator:
They state "+300%" for the speed-up factor, but if this is starlink, they're definitely on the "+" side of that.

Edit: never mind. I stand corrected on that.

Last edited:
I'm going to bet my lunch money the two bright stars 30 secs into the vid turn out to be our old friends Merak and Dubhe again. Ursa Major close to the northern horizon, Sun straight below going on -40. Classic Starlink setup.

I'm going to bet my lunch money the two bright stars 30 secs into the vid turn out to be our old friends Merak and Dubhe again. Ursa Major close to the northern horizon, Sun straight below going on -40. Classic Starlink setup.
Yep, they line up with start charts in Stellarium

1695473560592.png

I think this is the same video at normal speed

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2r1Qt--IsG0&ab_channel=UFOSeekers

Our team filmed this on 08/04/2023 at 11:44 PM from Pahrump, Nevada. The camera is facing directly north towards the Nevada National Security Site where AREA 6 is located (40-60 miles). The video is playing at the actual speed (1x).

Our team does not know if they're satellites, aircraft, drones, etc. The sighting could have been filmed continuously for an unknown amount of time. Our team filmed it for roughly 11 minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Importing TLE's into Stellatrium works, but it's a bit clunky. I think I'll add Starlink rendering to Sitrec. I've already got accurate stars and planets, how hard can it be?

Importing TLE's into Stellatrium works, but it's a bit clunky. I think I'll add Starlink rendering to Sitrec. I've already got accurate stars and planets, how hard can it be?
24.8 hours later...... Success!

https://www.metabunk.org/sitrec/?sitch=nightsky

I added parsing and displaying a TLE file. Verified it with Stellarium. The issue then was finding the correct start time of the video. I added keyboard controls (";" and "'") to scrub the start time without moving the video, then I stopped the video at a memorable point, and scrubbed around for a while until I got a match. Start time is 7:39:13 UTC on 2023/08/05

Here's a real-time playback of the video synced with Sitrec. I manually moved the camera to roughly match their movements

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7znT6PPw0k

And here's a 10x file. Play fullscreen.

It's about a 99% match. There's a couple of satellites that are not quite perfect - presumably due to limitations of the TLE data.

This might be a good type of case to make it user-editable. The only input needed is an LLA position for the camera, Az, El and FOV, a start time, a video (optional) and an appropriate TLE file. I've already got drag-and-drop working for local videos.

Unfortunately I'm off on mini-vacation for a week, then very busy for a while. But I'll keep plugging away

Very nice. But over at Reddit they will probably still not believe it. "hey, the match is not perfect! I see 2 microarcsecond difference!"

Good work Mick&flarkey!

Back